Thread: BRP Warranty

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Warranty

I recently had an issue with my 2017 Spyder RT. I was on a trip and was in the Big Bend area of Texas when I experienced the dreaded LIMP MODE cluster_____. Two days it took to get to Las Cruces, NM to the Can Am dealer there to have it looked at. Three weeks later the Spyder finally got released to me with a new paddle switch which seems to have fixed the issue. BTW, I kept in touch with the service guys there on pretty much a daily basis for updates and I feel they did as good and fast of a job as they could. Hundreds of error codes to filter through and parts sent in which just flat took time. I have read somewhere searching around the internet that BRP reimburses, at least in part some of the expenses for travel and lodging when "stranded" such as it was, I live in Tucson, AZ and had to rent a car to get home. That said, does anyone know about, and where to find this information about reimbursement? Thanks
    2017 RT , White

Spyder Garage

You will need to start a case with BRPCare. What happens is usually done on a case by case basis. Be nice, explain your problem, and see what happens.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

OK Thank You....
    2017 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Believe me, being nice to someone who you might be able to get a phone call to can pay off. You never know how much "muscle" with BRP that particular person may have. And yes, most definitely start a case with BRP.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I've never dealt with BRP, but I've found a well written letter, with supporting documentation, often works wonders. Keebler (the elves people) once screwed up my wife's rebate. She wrote a very detailed letter outlining her position with copies of all her documents. Several days later, a truck pulled up in front of our then home in Big Spring, TX. The driver unloaded two huge boxes, asked her to sign for them, then gave her two postage stamps, and an apology on behalf of Keebler. The boxes each contained one of everything Keebler produced at the time.

I've had a number of good responses in the intervening 30 years, but none quite so dramatic, or tasty.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rickjfl View Post
    I recently had an issue with my 2017 Spyder RT. I was on a trip and was in the Big Bend area of Texas when I experienced the dreaded LIMP MODE cluster_____. Two days it took to get to Las Cruces, NM to the Can Am dealer there to have it looked at. Three weeks later the Spyder finally got released to me with a new paddle switch which seems to have fixed the issue. BTW, I kept in touch with the service guys there on pretty much a daily basis for updates and I feel they did as good and fast of a job as they could. Hundreds of error codes to filter through and parts sent in which just flat took time. I have read somewhere searching around the internet that BRP reimburses, at least in part some of the expenses for travel and lodging when "stranded" such as it was, I live in Tucson, AZ and had to rent a car to get home. That said, does anyone know about, and where to find this information about reimbursement? Thanks

Hey Rickjfl.

We are sorry to learn of the concern you have been experiencing with regards to your 2017 Can-Am Spyder RT.

We would like to take a look into your case to see if there is anything we could do to help. Could you kindly send us your story to brp.care@brp.com or, you can call us directly at 1-888-272-9222 and please be sure to provide us with your unit's VIN so that we can easily verify your account. Also, it would be helpful if you could provide your username and mention this forum.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest Regards,

David-BRPcare
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team