Spyder Garage

Default Nico 75 - Fitting Ryker Grill Protection

Hi all just fitted grill protection to 900 Ryker, a few pointers. It's a bit of a struggle to remove the large front (after service cover) two screws underneath, twist and pull sides till loose, then pull panel forward to pull out of rubber grommets. The only part easy is the little EXPENSIVE 6 clips to fit Assembley fit sides back under, but make sure plastic bottom where you took 2 screws out is under frame (I did not) line up plastic with rubber grommets, push forward to make sure plastic is in. Last screw 2 bolts back. NOT a 10 minute job unless you are good at being tough with panels. Regards Nico 75
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-15-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added Title

Spyder Garage

I also discovered something that is not easy to remove and that is the silver 'trim' panel on the Rally's hood. It looks easy, just four star head screws. BUT these four screws have some type of thread locker and are fitted into square nuts that sit in plastic 'wells' that may have been designed to keep them from turning but don't. I removed mine to Plasti Dip it yellow to match my other panels. Next will be the silver panels behind the wheels, suppose they are attached the same way.