Spyder Garage

Default Just bought the Ryker Rally and have a riding question

I just bought the Rally and want to know if everyone has trouble riding at interstate speeds of 65-75mph. When I go above 45mph my Rally sways a lot and it feels impossible for me to ride on the interstate for my commute. I don't have a windshield

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrown View Post
    I just bought the Rally and want to know if everyone has trouble riding at interstate speeds of 65-75mph. When I go above 45mph my Rally sways a lot and it feels impossible for me to ride on the interstate for my commute. I don't have a windshield
    I had the same experience. I added a CalSci Windshield and BajaRon swaybar and those upgrades helped a lot. What you can't overcome is the Ryker only weighing 600 pounds. You are going to get pushed around by wind. You will learn to adjust for this with time and experience driving the Ryker.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

bcraig is giving you good advise. Take some time to get familiar with your Ryker and go from there. cueman

Spyder Garage

The Ryker also needs a laser alignment if its not been done.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Interesting. I am considering the Ryker, but I could be riding on a highway, 130, here in Central Texas. Speed limit is 80 on the north side, 85 on the south.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The Ryker also needs a laser alignment if its not been done.
    Have you had your Ryker laser alignment done? Just curious, I have not heard of anyone having this done yet. This things are twitchy and you have to learn how to ride them. Being blown around by wind just compounds the issue. I find mine is smooth as silk on a good road with no wind. But you add bumps in the road and wind and it's all over the place. An alignment issue you would have a problem all the time.

Spyder Garage

My commute ride is 55mph but I occasionally will travel 3.5hrs and the speed limit will be 70mph

Spyder Garage

Maybe check the shock settings also. Front and rear. They may be set up too stiff for a single rider. I find the slightest movement in the handlebar and the Ryker reacts, it's almost too tight in the steering. Calm days and smooth roads it's a great ride. But you add the wind and it's a hole other story.

Spyder Garage

For WallyM. Don't forget, top speed is about 102 mph with one rider.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

There have been at least 4 videos of riders exceeding 100 mph with no problems.

Spyder Garage

My concern was not the speed and control, but the reserve available to the rider in case more speed was needed.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

I leaned to be loose, both with the hands and the arms. These things react adversely to tight muscles and incorrect tire pressures.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    Have you had your Ryker laser alignment done? Just curious, I have not heard of anyone having this done yet. This things are twitchy and you have to learn how to ride them. Being blown around by wind just compounds the issue. I find mine is smooth as silk on a good road with no wind. But you add bumps in the road and wind and it's all over the place. An alignment issue you would have a problem all the time.
    I have performed a number of laser alignments on Rykers. There are several Rolo Laser Alignment shops around the country that have the Ryker tools.

Insufficient toe, shocks set far too firm for the lightly loaded front end on a Ryker both contribute to the twitchy nature you are experiencing. Adding a passenger on the back makes the issue worse in many cases, especially if they are tall.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame