Spyder Garage

Default Front shock adjustment

I see the front shocks on my 18 F3L has adjustable shocks. My question is if you make them stiffer does it change ride height or change your alignment. Has anyone done this.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Technically it will change the " alignment " but you or your tires will never notice it …. the change will be REALLY small ….. Whenever you remove the amount of movement of the SPRINGS ( ie. pre-load ) - two things will occur, it will get stiffer , and it will also FEEL harsher..... back when I had my first Spyder , an 08 GS, I designed a bracket that changed the angle of the front shocks ( made them more up-right ). I discovered I could actually LOWER my Pre-load and still have better handling characteristics …. Also their was no evidence of a Harsher ride …. I " gifted " a set to Gene " ie. chupaca " , and He really liked what they did for His GS …… after I bought my 2014 RT I was able to do the same Mod, but the bracket had to be of different design because BRP changed the Frames in 2013...…. Lenny at " PitBull " did something similar with a solid alumin. block, it wasn't as much as my design achieved. He stopped production a few years back ( because of the frame change )…… hope this helps you understand the Spyder suspension ….. Mike ...……..and You can view the bracket in one of my Albums .

Spyder Garage

Bluenight. Do you think I would benefit more with a Bajaron swaybar instead. I don't want a harsher ride. Bike leans to much in corners.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Bluenight. Do you think I would benefit more with a Bajaron swaybar instead. I don't want a harsher ride. Bike leans to much in corners.
    Sway Bar upgrade will take out a lot of the excess lean. Also try upping front pressures - you can tune the front end a lot with just a few extra psi.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    If you want to maintain your present comfort level in the ride - I would go with the SWAY Bar upgrade …… forget increasing the PSI , because that will effect your Traction ( HIGHER PSI = bad ) and make the ride Harsher...….. Sway bars work differently than stiffer shocks …… good luck and Thanks …… Mike …………… " wildrice caught my psi error , and I have fixed it ---it's what I wanted to say the first time …. It S8cks getting OLD ……

Spyder Garage

I will go with the Bajaron swaybar.