Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post

Was asked for more detail through message, I placed mine under the cover in the picture. Plenty of room.
    I put mine there also, plenty of room and easy wire fishing.
    Last edited by Lew L; 05-13-2019 at 09:54 AM. Reason: speeling
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I had installed an AutoSwitch Motorcycle Garage Door Remote Activator AS-7G (got it on ebay). Installed on our 2014 RT Limited when it was relatively new -- installed in July 2014. It has worked well and wires into the bike. I wired this to my fog lamp switch (as the trigger toggle) and when I reach near the garage door, I just toggle the fog light switch and it allows the transmitter to open the door. Works well, but limited range. You need to get close to the garage door. Also, it took some time to wire it in. I like that it is invisible on the bike (tucked under the tupperware) and uses an existing toggle switch to trigger the garage door opening..... It was around $30. I don't know if I would spend that much time on putting one in again....On our Goldwing, I just used double stick tape and put a small garage transmitter in my side case...much easier and lower costs!!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

If you navigate to home on my GPS you end up at the local Police Barracks.

Spyder Garage

Mine is velcro'ed to the underside of my glovebox, no one ones it's there except for me and, well, all of you now, damn!!!
    2016 RT Limited - Hicklin Powersport (Des Moines, IA)

BaJaRon Swaybar, Custom Painted (Sue Hopper), Dashmount, Dongle - BRP, FOBO Tire Monitoring System, Lidlox, Magic Mirror Mounts , Safety Light Package,
    Wide-Vu Mirrors, Hopnel Saddlebag Liners, Saddlebag Nets, F$ Tall Boy Windshield (without Vent)

Odds & Ends
    Ron Bandy Motorcycle Driving Course - ronbandy.com
    1000A Battery Pack, Air Pack, Black Dymond Detailer
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

+1 for keychain remote and velcro
    2017 F3 , Blue

Spyder Garage

thanks for that info
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tnhoover View Post
    If you navigate to home on my GPS you end up at the local Police Barracks.
    That is actually a recommended personal security item.... never have an accurate 'home' waypoint programmed on your GPS. Also suggested to prevent track history storage as well.

'Home' on my GPS takes you to the middle of a Lake.
    Marilyn 2015 RTS SE6 Red
    John 2015 F3S SE6 Silver

previous:
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    I put the transmitter off to the riders left, under the little triangular cover that shows when the Trunk is open. It is the side OPPOSITE where the BUDS cable is. There is a good bit of room under the cover, I also put a fuse block in the same location. Makes it very easy to get short cables up to the handlebar and switch panel areas.
    I did not order a special length cable, if you order the one with the CAN Am switch it was plenty long for that install. Also would be very easy to splice in additional wire of longer is needed.
    Mine is apart right now putting in stuff. I agree there is room under there but what did you mount the fuse block and the MoDoor to?
    2017 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDavis View Post
    Mine is apart right now putting in stuff. I agree there is room under there but what did you mount the fuse block and the MoDoor to?
    For the garage remote, I mounted with two sides tape since only need access every couple of years (or more, have never replaced a battery in one). If I recall, I stuck it to the outside (bottom side) edge of the glovebox.

For the fuse block, I found that there is an area under the edge of the windshield that my fuse back slid into. I slid it in, then used 1 zip tie to secure it. Not a beautiful install, but does not move and very easy to remove if I need to add a circuit.

Sorry I do not have pictures.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

OK, if this is the wireless one that has the 10 year non replaceable battery I can chime in with my experiences with my 2018 RT Limited.
    1. it will not fit in the center spot, that has a round hole not rectangular
    2. it will be slightly too deep and bottoms out.
    3. it will snap into the rectangular cut-out (with depth modification)

Now let me start off by saying, mine was given to me, so I had zero money invested or lost if I ruined it.

What I did initially, was just add a ring of foam sticky weatherstripping to the opening and leave it sticking up and not snapped down. But I didn't like the cobbled together look and knew it was "this close" to fitting, so I decided to take my chances and modify it. I won't know until later down the road if this works or shorts out in the rain, but I removed the plastic housing around the bottom and added a single layer of duct tape just to keep everything tucked together. I was trying to just shave off the bottom plastic so it would fit for depth, but the sides broke off too, so I made the best of it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]174503

I think if you are handy and get the wired version and add it to your cluster it will fit better since the battery pack of the wireless adds quite a bit of depth.

So, at the moment mine is in, snapped down and works perfectly and looks nice. BUT, not sure long term if I breached the water proofing by cutting off the plastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dawn; 07-31-2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: duplicate photos
    2021 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I Velcroed an opener to the inside rear wall of the glove box; has worked fine ever since I bought the Spyder.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have a mini opener for our garage door. I keep it in my rider jacket pocket and just press as I'm coming into the driveway.