Spyder Garage

Default Bye Bye Spyderfest - after 10 years, they've pulled the plug!

If all have not yet heard, Spyderfest is done. After 10 years and good ones at that, they've pulled the plug. It will all be missed - other than the tornado's that seem to go with the event!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-12-2024 at 07:24 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wd8ajj View Post
    If all not heard, Spyderfest is done. After 10 years and good ones they pulled the plug. It will be missed. Other than the tornado's that seem to go with the event!
    I posted this days ago …. Yes Spyderfest as we knew it is gone ….. however a different FORMAT is in the works …. you will likely only hear about on FaceBook tho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    …. you will likely only hear about on FaceBook tho ….. Mike
    There are still those of us who refuse to use "social media" for a variety of reasons . . . .
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    There are still those of us who refuse to use "social media" for a variety of reasons . . . .
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm one of them …… my reference to posting about Spyderlovers was …….. I Posted It on Spyderlovers.com ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    I'm not one to usually split hairs, but as soon as one post on Spyderlovers one has "Used" social media .
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Let's hope the Spyderfest people don't shoot themselves in the foot by going away from Spyderlovers.

They do get a lot of action from the people here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Let's hope the Spyderfest people don't shoot themselves in the foot by going away from Spyderlovers.

I'm not so sure about that ….( and not happy either )….. in 2018 from Jan 1 to April 15 - I'm guessing there were 500 plus posts …… in 2019 from Jan. 1 to April 15 maybe 10 posts…… annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd there has been a dramatic exodus of the long - time Original Posters here ……. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm not so sure about that ….( and not happy either )….. in 2018 from Jan 1 to April 15 - I'm guessing there were 500 plus posts …… in 2019 from Jan. 1 to April 15 maybe 10 posts…… annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd there has been a dramatic exodus of the long - time Original Posters here ……. jmho …. Mike
    What you are saying does have some merit "numbers wise." However, I look everyday as to who is on site. I am seeing a lot of long ago posters returning to look. I saw Dudley and Flamingobabe on line yesterday.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    I'm not one to usually split hairs, but as soon as one post on Spyderlovers one has "Used" social media .
    Well, here's another opinion on that.Spyderlovers forum is for people to talk about Spyders. Social media (Facebook) is for people to talk about themselves.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    Well, here's another opinion on that.Spyderlovers forum is for people to talk about Spyders. Social media (Facebook) is for people to talk about themselves.
    Don't kid yourself. Social media is social media. Doesn't matter what the "group" is talking about. Whether someone refuses to use it or not is up to the "variety of reasons" that LifeLongRider said. If you are worried about security, you are just as vulnerable here (on THIS social media forum) as you are on Facebook. When was the last time you posted here that you would be "going on a ride" somewhere? And for how long? You just told the entire world (anyone who could come to this site and read your post) that your house will (or could) be empty for a safe break-in. Happens all the time. And guess what? I did professional Computer Security for over 25 years. I could (if I wanted to) get your personal IP address simply by coming to this site and running a free downloaded program from the Internet. Once I have your IP address, I'm only one or two other steps away from your Social Security number, your bank account numbers, and if you are really careless (which most home computer users are)...most of your passwords too. But don't worry about me. I'm one of the "good guys".
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default I agree—-

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post

I also hope that what ever comes along to replace SpyderFest that the powers to be, realize that a lot of us DO NOT believe nor do we use SOCIAL MEDIA, and I hope they realize the importance of Spyderlovers and use it as well to convey information. We need it.

I was going to add too that when Spyderfest got split up between Springfield and Bolivar, people didn’t like being split up and miles in between locations. Now they also have Joplin. Anyway, what ever comes in the future. I hope it will be as good and fun as Spyderfest has been for the 6 years we got to go.

I am looking at the Spyders in the Ozark even now though. We will see. I am contemplating retirement now so will see. Money may be a big issue.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!