Spyder Garage

Default Baja Ron sway bar install

Rented some aluminum 8' loading ramps from Home Depot for $17.00 for up to 4 hours. Put the ramps on the bumper of a pickup. I first tried ramps on the tailgate, but the ramps kept sliding forward when trying to ride the Spyder onto the ramps. On the bumper they didn't move. Ran it up the ramps and got 23" of height for sway bar removal with plenty of room left between the front of the spyder and the tailgate of the truck. Left it in 1st gear, put on the parking brake, and chocked the rear wheel. Made the change, with no problems. One note of caution. When coming down off of the ramps, after starting the Spyder and putting it in neutral, and taking off the parking brake, be very careful applying any brake. I let it roll down the ramps a few inches, and put on the brakes. This caused the ramps to move backwards slightly off of the bumper. Better off just letting it roll all of the way off with no brake.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Well done....

Don't know the model you have but if it is an SE puting it in 1st gear will not help if the park brake is not used best block the rear tire as well . Have seen others use this method as well but the ramps make it cleaner and the price is right. Now to enjoy the new ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

What a great idea! I have been trying to find a solution for the lift height. Thanks!
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Spyder Garage

A very inventive group. From man hole covers to stairways to the basement in the garage. There have been some pretty interesting approaches to getting the height needed to do this job.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    A very inventive group. From man hole covers to stairways to the basement in the garage. There have been some pretty interesting approaches to getting the height needed to do this job.
    I considered the man hole cover as there is one right in front of my house for the rain run off on the street. Being here in Fl. though, no telling what is living in there. I chickened out and rented the ramps.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

It's your fault. DIY guys need to think outside the box in order to gain the advantage your bar provides ..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Brilliant
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rdkarl View Post
    I considered the man hole cover as there is one right in front of my house for the rain run off on the street. Being here in Fl. though, no telling what is living in there. I chickened out and rented the ramps.
    A wise choice!

So far, no one has attempted this approach. And if you do... Please! I don't want to know about it!

0-car-repair-580x430.jpg

Spyder Garage

2014 , yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have done it this way on 3 spyders. I put the ramps on the tailgate though. Tie it off with straps for safety because it will want to drift back down.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

A wise choice!

So far, no one has attempted this approach. And if you do... Please! I don't want to know about it!

0-car-repair-580x430.jpg
    Dunno what you're worried about? He's only got a small leak in the gas tank to weld up, and by leaning it that way all the gas left in the tank settled onto the downhill side & stopped running outta the leak.....

Kiddies, please don't try this at home! Severe injuries are likely to occur.

Everyone else, please heed the Warning below

WARNING ******* DO NOT WELD GAS TANKS UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN ADEQUATELY VENTED & FILLED WITH INERT LIQUID! OR BETTER YET, LEAVE IT TO THE PRO's!!******* WARNING
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-08-2019 at 07:27 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

dang! now they tell me...I did figure out my 14 RTL should NOT have been ridden on a ranch road during a club ride a few weeks ago when I had the side covers off the piece they attach to is cracked every where it attaches those lower pieces to, lucky me that piece is only around $80....but getting the sway bar out was interesting on a harbor freight jack....had my neighbor come supervise in case the bike toppled...
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

The ramp way looks good if you can count on the weather where you live. I can't so I used my motorcycle jack under the front end, put jack stands under the shock mounts, let the jack down and put a cement block across the m/c jack with a 2x6 on top of that. Worked fine.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, that is a great idea. Is the install pretty straight forward after getting it up high enough? I am going to give it a try this year.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Wow, that is a great idea. Is the install pretty straight forward after getting it up high enough? I am going to give it a try this year.
    The F3 is the easiest install but the other models aren't all that much more work. Other than getting the height needed to remove and replace the sway bar itself, the install is pretty straight forward. A good number of riders have done this install themselves. And you do not need to have the Spyder raised up high through the entire process. If you're using ramps or a full lift it's fine. But you only need to have the additional height during the few minutes it takes to get the OEM bar out and the BajaRon bar in. Before and after this step the Spyder can be lowered to a much more reasonable height.

If you think you can get the height, it is most likely that you'll find the rest of the process easy enough. It takes the average person about 1.5 hours to do the job, start to finish.

Spyder Garage

The F3 is the easiest install but the other models aren't all that much more work. Other than getting the height needed to remove and replace the sway bar itself, the install is pretty straight forward. A good number of riders have done this install themselves. And you do not need to have the Spyder raised up high through the entire process. If you're using ramps or a full lift it's fine. But you only need to have the additional height during the few minutes it takes to get the OEM bar out and the BajaRon bar in. Before and after this step the Spyder can be lowered to a much more reasonable height.

If you think you can get the height, it is most likely that you'll find the rest of the process easy enough. It takes the average person about 1.5 hours to do the job, start to finish.
    It is very straight forward on F3 just did mine couple of days ago, your only challenge is raising the spyder up, 22" inches is lot heigher than you think. Ron provides exemplary customer service so you are not alone you can bug him anytime along the process .
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    It is very straight forward on F3 just did mine couple of days ago, your only challenge is raising the spyder up, 22" inches is lot heigher than you think. Ron provides exemplary customer service so you are not alone you can bug him anytime along the process .
    OH GREAT! More Phone Calls! Just what I needed!

But seriously, never a problem to help when I can.