Thread: GPS Race Timer

Spyder Garage

Default GPS Race Timer

Just hit 200 miles today on my 600 so I thought I would do a run with the GPS Race Timer application. I did one run and the results are pictured below. Trying to understand the results. The timer 2 results for the quarter mile shows a lapse time of 18.1 seconds and shows an mph of 44. What does that MPH represent. It can't be my 1/4 speed because I was already over that, which is reflected in the 0-60 time of 7.9 seconds. So at the 7.9 second mark I had passed 60mph and still quickly moving up until I hit the 1/4 mile at 18.1 seconds. BTW I'm really impressed with the little 600. Actually burned rubber taking off.

IMG_0275.jpg

Spyder Garage

What does the software manual say? Maybe it's your overall average? Have you tried adjusting rear tire pressure to see if you get any gains?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    What does the software manual say? Maybe it's your overall average? Have you tried adjusting rear tire pressure to see if you get any gains?
    There is no manual, it's a free app on the App Store. I think it's probably the average.

Spyder Garage

1/4 mile in 18.1 seconds is 49.1 mph average, probably within the error margin if the app is showing 44 mph.