Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Ryker vs Can AM Spyder RS vs Can Spyder F3S

I have a 2009 Spyder RS Manual. How do the ryker and F3S compare?????? Is it worth trading for??????

Spyder Garage

Depends if you plan on short or long rides in the future. Keep what you got if you plan on longer rides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RS. I've test ridden an F3, been a couple years since I did that. I test rode and bought a Rally about 10 days ago although I don't have it yet.

I can't own an F3 because I can't get comfortable on one and I don't care for the ergos.

The Rally has enough adjustment in the bars and pegs for me to feel comfy.
    The Rally feels more like an RS to me than it does an F3 in terms of ergonomics and "feel" of the bike.
    The Rally has decent power (I wish it had more). I think the RS has a bit more power down low (0-30 maybe) and more on top (95-115) but its hard to tell without lining them up side by side. I wish my RS had more power too if that tells you anything.
    The RS has more storage
    I'd say they Handle about the same. You're more "in" the Ryker so the feeling of being thrown is less than the RS
    Like the shaftdrive of the Ryker over the belt of the RS
    Like the CVT over the SE5 of the RS. I like the SE5 but I find sometimes I just don't feel like its geared correctly for certain riding situations.
    The Ryker is physically about 2/3 the size of an RS
    Contrary to what people say here I'd ride the Ryker across country without a second thought. I'd do (and have) the same on the RS.

Personally I think the Ryker is similar to the RS. I like it. That said. I'm keeping both the Ryker and the RS for one summer. I'll ride them both and the one I like better I'll keep.

Spyder Garage

I had a GS(RS) and an RT for 40.000 miles the last years.. ( I´m only 150 lbs..)

the" trick" of the Ryker is, that you sit much lower ( 8") than on each Spyder, that is a much more "secure" feeling
    the weight is much lighter - easyer to handle also on the side of the RS
    with the new (cvt) gearbox it runs more "smooth" - no up&down when I changed the gears on the old modells
    together with the FOX shocks and the swaybar / comfort seat it is a better touring machine ..
    2.200 miles on mine till now - absolut no problems till now !!
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I traded my 15 plate RSS for the Rally, I find the Rally much more comfortable and love how it can be thrown around - the more reduced nanny is great if you have your playful head on. Away for the lights its great, a tiny bit flat from 30 - 55 but the roll on from 55 feels like it would destroy a RSS, no regrets at all.

Spyder Garage

Default Test ryde is needed....

I love my RS and would not change... but you really need to test the others to get your own opinion on them. There are a lot of differences in the three and only you can decide if they suit you. You probably know the whole mechanical differences with the 998, 1330. 600, 900 and the transmissions 5,6, and full auto. You have little to no storage on the Ryker and F3 (stock base models) and the whole seating/comfort of them. So how when and where you ryde will come into play. But shopping is a whole lot of fun....enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just recently made a switch from 2011 RSS to F3 and I'm super happy. RS still has a special place in my heart because I lost trike virginity on RS and still love the looks but wife didnt feel comfortable as a passenger and now she has no complaints. I sat on a ryker but did not ride one i dont see Ryker as a stable touring machine especially with two-up but thats just my opinion. All i can say is that you wont regret going to F3 as long as seating positon works for you.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    I just recently made a switch from 2011 RSS to F3 and I'm super happy. RS still has a special place in my heart because I lost trike virginity on RS and still love the looks but wife didnt feel comfortable as a passenger and now she has no complaints. I sat on a ryker but did not ride one i dont see Ryker as a stable touring machine especially with two-up but thats just my opinion. All i can say is that you wont regret going to F3 as long as seating positon works for you.
    Yes I had 33,000 on my GS when I traded for the F3 and Its perfect for me even with the stock seat. You have to like the feet forward position which I believe makes it turn Much easier working your legs. I have 1,500 on the Rally and Its a Hoot and a Half BUT Its noisier than the F3 and No where near as comfortable. Just GLAD I didn't trade the F3 in for the Rally because I'm 70 and keeping Both.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I traded a 2015 ST Limited for a Ryker Rally and I have not looked back. Absolutely loving the Ryker!! I guess I am a minimalist. And yes, I am planning on touring with this new tryke just like I did with the ST.