Spyder Garage

Default Personalized look on my Rally

So, I wanted to see what my Rally would look like with the silver panels covered up with black and then sprayed with gold metal flake. Since I was not sure I would like it, I used Plasti Dip; black, clear, gold Metalizer and Glosifier. Wow, never realized that something as simple as this could be so much hassle. It was ALL my fault, since I had to do this job in the driveway and not in my garage. My garage is too cluttered and does not have sufficient ventilation. This stuff is toxic! On top of that, it is very, very humid and sunny here in Florida. My clear kept clouding up like milk and my texture turned out rough no matter how close I painted it. It's just too hot and too humid, period. Anyway, After painting many coats on the hood and then completely peeling it completely off twice, I went another direction on it. I only plasti dipped the little scooped out places at the hood vent. The silver shield on top, I used glossy krylon fusion (black). The glossy black matches the shiny black panels that comes with the Rally. The tail cover was also a problem and had to be peeled/stripped three times before I settled for a compromise. I ended up spraying it black for the base coats, then gold flaked it with metalizer and then glossified it. I also did the stone guard under the front grill/nose and the two side silver panels at the bottom. I also plasti dipped the air scoops on either side that contain the air filters. All were plasti dipped with black, gold metal flaked and glossified. ON the frunk and the rear fender (full fender that I recently replaced the Rally fender with) I put gold pin stripe decals.
    The photos attached are from a cheap flip phone and do not properly show the gold metal flake. The parts that are black and metal flaked look like they are silver or gray painted in the photos but actually sparkle really nice in the sunlight. I will try to get some better photos using my tablet when I get a chance.
    One nice thing about Plasti Dip is that if I decide tomorrow that I don't like it, I simply peel it off and do something different. Too bad the gold does not show properly. These photos just don't give it justice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely Done....

The pinstriping does pop looks great..congrats
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black