Spyder Garage

Default Locally, it seems the Ryker is selling

Talking to a dealer here in NW Indiana on Saturday - he said he got 18 Rykers in earlier this year. All sold. Has searched the country to get more with no luck. BRP said they won't be supplying more this year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    BRP said they won't be supplying more this year.
    I would highly doubt that. Mine was supposed to be here in April, still hasn't shipped. So I certainly hope my dealer isn't full of ***** and I have been sitting here waiting for something that may never show up.

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I would highly doubt that. Mine was supposed to be here in April, still hasn't shipped. So I certainly hope my dealer isn't full of ***** and I have been sitting here waiting for something that may never show up.
    I think what he means is...............BRP has finished their production run. They have produced enough units to fill dealer orders (which happened in the fall). BRP will not start another production run until the next cycle (fall/winter). So, once a dealer sells out of the units they ordered they can't get more until next spring. This is common practice for BRP with all their prodcuts (ATV, Watercraft, Snowmobile, etc)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I think what he means is...............BRP has finished their production run. They have produced enough units to fill dealer orders (which happened in the fall). BRP will not start another production run until the next cycle (fall/winter). So, once a dealer sells out of the units they ordered they can't get more until next spring. This is common practice for BRP with all their prodcuts (ATV, Watercraft, Snowmobile, etc)
    That makes me feel better. The dealer has opened up a case with BRP to see what the delay is. Hope to know something soon. If all else fails I guess I will ride what I have until next year. I will admit the excitement is starting to leave me. Been close to a month wait already. I could have got that silicone doll from Japan by now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    That makes me feel better. The dealer has opened up a case with BRP to see what the delay is. Hope to know something soon. If all else fails I guess I will ride what I have until next year. I will admit the excitement is starting to leave me. Been close to a month wait already. I could have got that silicone doll from Japan by now.
    LOL. Doll might be more fun. I'm waiting on my Rally as well so I know how you feel. Luckily the RS is running great and I'm riding that.

Spyder Garage

So you guys both signed? I don't see how a dealer can hold you with no product?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    So you guys both signed? I don't see how a dealer can hold you with no product?
    Mine was a gentlemen's agreement on my Rally and trade in. Nothing formal. Never signed a thing. But he is being fair on my trade and 10% off of accessories.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Same here. We have the paperwork for the deal. No money exchanged hands and nothing signed. Dealer didn't want to do any of that until he had the unit physically in stock. They have a small dealership. I know everyone that works there. Deals like this with them are common.

Spyder Garage

Picked up my new Rally this afternoon. Dealer told me everything he has is sold (except a last 900 Rally he’s using as a demo) and he also said its like that throughout the US. He also said folks will probably wait until September for new production if they haven’t already ordered. My guess is BRP underestimated the demand for Rykers, or maybe not. After all the Rykers (could) be impacting sales of the Base F3.

If you are waiting, see if your dealer has a VIN number. If yes, theres probably a real bike somewhere to back it up. If not, its possibly just a projected build.

My guy also does business on a handshake. I offered money down on a bike he had coming and he said not necessary. After we spoke I was BS’ing with him and a saleswoman came up saying she had thought she had just sold the last Rally over the phone. He told her no, you didn’t- that ones for Bill but we’ll try to find another for your guy, no guarantees.

Thats the kind of guy I like to do business with. He also told me I could come ride his demo’s anytime I wanted while I was waiting on my own, he even put the gas in for me.