Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 900 Rear Shock Adjustment.

After buying three spinner wrenches I finically found one that is very easy to use and actually works.
    It is the Progressive Suspensions Pre-Load Spanner Wrench. SW-783. I purchased it on Amazon for under $10.00. For me, problem solved!

Spyder Garage

I also purchased one , same one but different brand and it works great.

Spyder Garage

I have one like it that I modified to fit the head bearing adjusting nut on my FJR. It worked to back off the spring nut, just not sure how it would work in the opposite direction. So what did you use for the front shocks? Or do either one of you have a Rally? Someone posted that they could be adjusted by hand with the load off but I cant turn them.....

Spyder Garage

I have a rally and was able to adjust front shock by hand going from 3 to 2 , but wanted to go to 2.5 which would be tightening shock and was unable to get it to move also...will try lifting front end to see if I can get it to move. Still not sure the best way to lift bike, to get load off front.
    Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    I have one like it that I modified to fit the head bearing adjusting nut on my FJR. It worked to back off the spring nut, just not sure how it would work in the opposite direction. So what did you use for the front shocks? Or do either one of you have a Rally? Someone posted that they could be adjusted by hand with the load off but I cant turn them.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just grab the spring and adjusting nut at the same time and turn both at the same time. It seems easier that way for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I forgot to say, no need to lift the wheel.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Just grab the spring and adjusting nut at the same time and turn both at the same time. It seems easier that way for me.
    Tried doing that ,they won't budge .