Spyder Garage

Default Windshield Mount Loose - Rally Ed

Good morning,
    I was on a gravel road and hit some washboards as I have many times. As you know the windshield will jiggle around, well all of sudden it became really loose, so now the speedometer housing and that whole section wobbles left/right. Is it just the one torx screw in the front? I checked that and it was tight? Thanks in advance for anyone who has tinkered with this adjustment.

Steve C

Spyder Garage

Went to dealer. He came out with impact. Removed the screw I couldn't turn yesterday. Put on lock tite. Reinstalled screw with electric socket wrench. I didn't get a chance to look at assembly, but that one bolt holding all of that? Are there no splines or anything creating physical friction between those two pieces of metal?

In my case large cal sci windshield, very windy environment, when you hit bad bad washboards with your front wheels, watch out, a lot of stress back and forth on that whole assembly. I have small speaker mounted on that windshield, going to see if I can relocate reduce weight on the windshield as well.