Spyder Garage

Default Tupperware Tab Broke

Today someone was helping replace some fender light wiring. He pulled the jack out without lowering it all the way, unaware that the jack had a safety lock that 'almost' cleared the left front rain guard. The tab that holds the front part of it was broken. I think it will be impossible to repair the plastic. Or not, need to know. If it can't be repaired, where can I order a replacement? My local dealer quit. ...20190505_191529.jpg20190505_191541.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ricford View Post
    Today someone was helping replace some fender light wiring. He pulled the jack out without lowering it all the way, unaware that the jack had a safety lock that 'almost' cleared the left front rain guard. The tab that holds the front part of it was broken. I think it will be impossible to repair the plastic. Or not, need to know. If it can't be repaired, where can I order a replacement? My local dealer quit. ...20190505_191529.jpg20190505_191541.jpg
    The exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It's come close so many other times, but this time I missed it and it caught the splash shield. I did a quick repair with a long TEK screw and a shim. Worked perfectly. Ya gotta get up under there to see how it all fits into place, but it was a quick fix once I saw how it all fits together.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure what is broken, but Plast-Aid has saved my fat many times. Good stuff and very easy to use.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=plas...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

From the pictures it looks like PN 705003760, LH Water Deflector Assy, $29.99, I think. I got the PN from the 2014 RT Body and Accessories picture in the BRP online parts catalog, item 269. Cheap Cycle Parts lists it for a buck more than BRP. Check out the catalog for your year of RT.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the assistance. I have some Q Bond plastic repair which is like Plast Aid except it cures in 10 seconds. Far too quick to mix, apply and maneuver the part in place. It cures as hard as the plastic it is repairing. But very difficult to use. I chickened out. I ordered PN 705003759 for the left according to Cheap Cycle Parts but you got me in the right place and amazingly, Cheap Cycle Parts has everything. They must have a really huge warehouse and stock. Again, thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

For future reference; Plast-Aid can be mixed to be thin or thick and gives one time to manage a repair.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome