Thread: LED Fog Light

Spyder Garage

Default LED Fog Light

I need some serious help my friends!

I bought LED fog lights and LED head lights and decided to install them myself. The headlights went in like a breeze. The fog light on the throttle side went in no problem. The fog light on the other side has been a pain in the back side. I watched a Youtube video to see how and the guy says all I need to take off is a few push pins and pull the side trim out to reach the fog light cover. Well, I hit a snag, there is air intake hose right next to the cover and I could not get it off. I was afraid tat if I pull on the trim any more it will break something. I finally got the cover off and the bulb out, then new LED back in but I cannot get the Fog light bulb cover back on.

Any suggestions on how to make more room without breaking the tupperware or how to remove the tupperware around the fog lights?

Edit***I forgot, it is 2015 RT Limited
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited
    Magic Mirrors
    Short Antenna
    LaMonster Dual Power Plate
    LED Headlights
    LED Fog lights
    Vibration Damper
    Spyclops
    Spyclops II
    Utopia Back Rest

Spyder Garage

Please add a signature showing the year and model of your Spyder. After you do that, then we can help. Otherwise, we are flying blind.
    Also -- It would help us to know which fog light are you installing?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

IMG_20190208_175956.jpg

Small hands - I managed , two hours later.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

It's doable. I did it.
    Turn the wheels all the way to the left to give as much room as possible.
    Try to slip the cover in using both hands at the same time to guide it. Use the left hand to push the cover down and the right hand to guide it into place.
    It's doable, but you need to lubricate the cover with an ample amount of curse words.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SOlsenPHS View Post
    I need some serious help my friends!

I bought LED fog lights and LED head lights and decided to install them myself. The headlights went in like a breeze. The fog light on the throttle side went in no problem. The fog light on the other side has been a pain in the back side. I watched a Youtube video to see how and the guy says all I need to take off is a few push pins and pull the side trim out to reach the fog light cover. Well, I hit a snag, there is air intake hose right next to the cover and I could not get it off. I was afraid tat if I pull on the trim any more it will break something. I finally got the cover off and the bulb out, then new LED back in but I cannot get the Fog light bulb cover back on.

Any suggestions on how to make more room without breaking the tupperware or how to remove the tupperware around the fog lights?

Edit***I forgot, it is 2015 RT Limited
    Here is an update;

I loosen the air intake hose to give a little more room. Success!!!!! Got the fog light cover back on. BUT!!!!!

while snapping cover on, the air intake hose came off. apparently, I loosened just a little to much. Having a tough time getting it back on. Now I a remembering why I pay people to do this.

Stay tuned!!!
    Magic Mirrors
    Short Antenna
    LED Headlights
    LED Fog lights
    Vibration Damper
    Spyclops
    Spyclops II
    Utopia Back Rest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SOlsenPHS View Post
    Here is an update;

I loosen the air intake hose to give a little more room. Success!!!!! Got the fog light cover back on. BUT!!!!!

while snapping cover on, the air intake hose came off. apparently, I loosened just a little to much. Having a tough time getting it back on. Now I a remembering why I pay people to do this.

Stay tuned!!!
    Next up Date:

Got everything back together!!!!

Only had one screw left over!!!

Now to take it all apart again!!
    Magic Mirrors
    Short Antenna
    LED Headlights
    LED Fog lights
    Vibration Damper
    Spyclops
    Spyclops II
    Utopia Back Rest

Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 Spyder rss sm5 and I’m going to install led fog lights how do I wire them to the factory fog light switch

Spyder Garage

I had the opposite problem. As soon as I pulled on the left panel, the hose came right off. It even had a hose clamp around it. Changing the light was easy after that. I guess I'd suggest looking for a clamp and loosen it. My new problem is getting the hose back on.

Spyder Garage

Was able to install LED fog/running lights in my RS. Nice improvement. Previous owner had upgraded the headlights to high/low LED's. I upgraded fog and fender tips ... and now the front of the bike is more visible and the lights are uniform. These are 30w bulbs and throw 7200lm of 6k light. Halogens were 35w bulbs ... so wanted something close. Inexpensive on amazon. Suparee brand.

IMG_20190818_160355156_HDR.jpg