Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The currant and LAST Spyderfest

At tonite's closing ceremony they announced that this was/is the last Spyderfest ( as presented over the past 10 years ) ..... A different type of event / events will be taking it's place ..... Details on Facebook - "Pitbull " ........................ Mike

Spyder Garage

Wonder why. This was my first. Hope spyderjam keeps going.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    At tonite's closing ceremony they announced that this was/is the last Spyderfest ( as presented over the past 10 years ) ..... A different type of event / events will be taking it's place ..... Details on Facebook - "Pitbull " ........................ Mike
    No details there yet that I could find. Maybe in a few days. I toyed with the idea of going this year but other things got in the way. Would like to have been there.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

The event is too big for our taste. That is why we never went. We prefer smaller events.

Spyder Garage

That's really isn't surprising with all the turmoil that has been going on the past several years. I guess attendance is down also. I've been to the event twice, 2015 & 2016 and enjoyed myself both years.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm guessing , but based on the fact that both HOST Hotels had a lot of un-sold rooms and just from observation ..... I think possibly 300 to 400 attendee's .... way down from 1200 to 1500 ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Thats the way that it is.....

You may or may not get the full story but putting on event year after year growing along the way is a monumental task. I'm sure it is not just one thing but hope they come up with a replacement event even if on a smaller scale...great memories for all the one who attendend them through the years....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

There is a lot of speculation as to the why's and wherefores. Since most of it surrounds two people, one of them the founder of the site...IMO...we should not try to pick things apart.

I look at it as an event that has run its course over 10 years. Time for a change, and see what comes about. I am sorry to say that I was never able to participate in Spyderfest.

We will be in the area permanently in less than a month. Happily, there are many events for us to choose from now. We will be going to Spyders in the Ozarks...which will be our FIRST national event. Looking forward to that.

Let's make some lemonade out of the lemons that seen to be coming our way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not the best time of the season for some of us to travel. Later in the year may have better result for attendance ???

Spyder Garage

ARtraveler hit the bulls-eye IMO. I quite enjoyed two Spyderfests, great for seeing folks from farther west, some again, but for an old fart like me life's too short to keep redoing the same events. I bagged it this year because I'm taking a bigger trip this summer and can fit only so many things into the schedule and budget.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I agree. I wouldn’t have attended in the future, even if it wasn’t ending.

Spyder Garage

We have attended this event for 6 out of the 10 years.

We did not attend this year for a several reasons.

1.) Health reasons- been dealing with Sciatica pretty badly.
    2.) We are public educators and was not conducive this year to take time off work to attend.
    3.) Nothing new and exciting was planned this year after we were told at the final night of last years Spyderfest event, that this year was going to be a big deal since it was the 10th Anniversary. From what we saw on the "EVENTS" pages, it was no different then prior years.

I do think that due to extensive expansion of the dealership to two other store locations, it has just gotten to be too big to try to pull off a good event and take care of business as well as the customers and needs of all the attendee's. It was definitely wonderful in it's prime!

So I think this is a good decision and hopefully something will come along to take it's place.

We have always enjoyed meeting other people around the world with a common interest of Ryding Spyders.

Sad to hear this news but doesn't surprise us. So will look forward to other opportunities coming down the pike in it's place.

RIP Spyderfest!!!!!! Thank you for all the good years we did have!!!!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

We attended 3, and last year was the last one. We too figured we'd be missing something "new" this year being the 10th, but it sounds like there wasn't much to miss. No regrets about not going at all. It was fun all 3 times, but it seems to have gotten too big, and expectations were getting too high by a lot of people. High expectations usually lead to let downs, and I have a hunch that's been happening over the past 3 yrs. Good luck to them though. Spyderfest was "The Event " to attend for quite a long time. We now prefer the smaller closer events.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Always wanted to attend this event but the time of year that it takes place and my location (it snowed every day last week!) just didn't work for us.
    10 years is a good run and they can be proud of the fact they've set the bar for all the Spyder events that have popped up coast to coast!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

I only made it down for Saturday, but am really glad I was able to experience at least one day of Spyderfest before then ended it.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I attended two of them (32013 & 2016), and had a great time at both!
    They'll be missed! Me and Roger.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Like SpyderQuest!!

Spyder Garage

Just attended a meeting today for our upcoming 34th Moto Guzzi Rally here in Illinois. I agree about it being a lot of work, especially since we do our own cooking and such for the weekend. Time is showing a lot more grey hair in attendees and the rally crew too. Our attendance numbers have been declining here, but it seems to be true at all our club rallies. Age seems to be turning this fun experience into a lot more work than it did 34 years ago. Also Lamont's health earlier may be a deciding factor. During our meeting discussions today, we may call it quits on our 35th rally next year. if no one decides to take up the reigns. Hate to say it, but the younger crowd doesn't seem to have the work ethic to take over and continue our event. Makes me a little sad to pull the plug.

Coke
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

ARtraveler maybe if your in the area June 6-8 you can make it to Spyder Jam in Cuba, MO?

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

the mogang needs a break they have been doing this since day 1 there might be another spyderfest in the future but there talking about doing a 2 day events next year in various locations in Missouri.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    ARtraveler maybe if your in the area June 6-8 you can make it to Spyder Jam in Cuba, MO?
    Will be in the area....but not sure if the bikes will arrive before then. Cuba is one of the dealers that I wanted to check out anyway.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When I found out that all events will be at the Rock, 35 miles from the host hotels, and the wrong direction from the Ozark ryding, I lost my desire to go. Then my wife broke her ankle so I had to cancel my reservations. I will be going to Spyders in the Ozarks instead. I wish someone would do one in Branson.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am greatful for all the years that we had Spyderfest, it was a fun time for me and my wife. we enjoyed meeting so many people and we have made many, many friends because of Spyderfest. Many events that you have gone to or are going to are a direct cause of Spyderfest, they were the beginning of the Spyder Fever.

Remember the fun you had and the friends you made. be positive. An event of this size is an enormous undertaking, until you have tried to set one up, don't even think about complaining about this one, it was a great event for a lot of people for 10 straight years.

I for one will miss it and the camaraderie that cane along with it.

I want to thank Pitbull Power Sports , Len and Vanessa and all the MOGANG members who put their heart into this for all of us.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Absolutely Cruzr Joe! We enjoyed meeting you and your wife over the years too. Enjoyed our visit and lunch at the same table last year in Bolivar. Hope you both are doing well. Will miss you but keep safe and alive on the forum...please! Hope to see you again sometime! Take care!
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Absolutely Cruzr Joe! We enjoyed meeting you and your wife over the years too. Enjoyed our visit and lunch at the same table last year in Bolivar. Hope you both are doing well. Will miss you but keep safe and alive on the forum...please! Hope to see you again sometime! Take care!
    This is what i mean by enjoying the friendship of fellow ryders atthese events

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer