Spyder Garage

Default Dealer tried to update BRP Firmware.... FAIL

Took the new 2018 spyder RT limited to my dealer to update to 20.8 from BRP version 710005255, CSS version 010.05 GSS version 010.05, dealer plugged it in and he said he got all sorts of error messages, he chose not to do it.

He says he needs to order a whole new dash, something tells me that's not right. Either way I left and will wait for the new dash to come in.

Anyone here of this?

Spyder Garage

Don't mean to sound skeptical, but it sounds like they bricked your head unit with a firmware update glitch. My dealer said they had some problems with my 2018 RTL, but nothing like this. I got the 20.8 update, and so far it is everything they said it is supposed to be.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I just had the same update done. The dealer tech was on the phone with BRP and in fact had to remotely let the BRP take over the laptop but they figured it out. Success and everything works. I think is all the luck of the draw..dealer tech and BRP tech that answers the phone.