Thread: Running Hot

Spyder Garage

Default Running Hot

Have a 2015 f3s that was a little low on coolant this early spring added the orange Gm dexcool and now is overheating mainly so if stopped for any length of time seems alright when moving at speed but definitely heats up fast at a stop light etc Thoughts?

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

More info please. Does the gauge go up? Does it overflow coolant? Do the fans come on? Have you cleaned the radiators? Four screws and the grill comes off and you can see the radiators. (they tend to clog with debris).
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Cleaned the radiators last fall the bars go up at stops or slow speeds fans do come on and it’s actually cool here 50 no overflow I did buy the extended warranty at least

Spyder Garage

Thermostat stuck open???
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Would not warm up,stuck close will give you over heat.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Did you use a pressure washer? if so you may have closed off some of the vanes.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

To start with make sure you have no coolant leaks.If that's good I would drain and flush the coolant system not good to mix coolants.
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended