Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Springfield / Spyderfest - Most challenging road ???

I have posted about this " find " of a road in the past , but it's worth repeating ..... hwy " H " between Rt 125 and Rt 160 ( thru the Mark Twain forest ) IMHO is one of the most challenging roads I have ever been on .... and that includes the " Dragon "& " Rattler " .... it is extremely " twistie ", there aren't really any slow turns like on the previous mentioned roads ..... this Road is driven at speeds up to 75mph ( if you have the skill and nerve ) ... you are ( or should be ) constantly shifting to maintain maximum thrust ..... Seth-O and I ran this yesterday at 10/10 speed.... there weren't any other veh's encountered ... Seth had His Go-Pro on .. only to discover the Batteries had died ..... I didn't measure the length but I think it's about 15 miles long .... before we hit Rt 160 I had to stop to take a break I was spent and my reflexes were getting a bit loose, something you don't want when your in a posted ( yel. sign ) 25 mph curve and your doing 60 mph..... When we reached Rt 160 ( heading to " J " & " JJ " and Peel's Ferry ) the Ski's opened up and signaled the end of any challenging speeds.... We went to Branson and headed back on the super slab ( 65 ) because today's fun was over ..... Tomorrow promises sun & 72 and I'll be heading back to finish the ride..... Hope you enjoyed my story ..... PS - Seth is really a " Balls to the wall rider " and I really enjoy riding with Him .......Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update. We may give it a try in a month or two.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thanks for the update. We may give it a try in a month or two.
    Wish you were here .................NOW ..... see you next year ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome...!!

Maybe all the snow skiing has changed you style.... little practice and you will fly once again... glad you had a great ryde and are heading back. Be safe but enjoy it
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Maybe all the snow skiing has changed you style.... little practice and you will fly once again... glad you had a great ryde and are heading back. Be safe but enjoy it
    Went out today for the LONG Full version of that same ride ..... " H " is actually 16.4 miles ( not 15 ) .... and I ran it in 17 min. 35 seconds ..... I'm a Happy camper .... and the SUN came out 1/2 thru the 200 total miles ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I did a Google Map Aerial trip down that road today. Looks like a great ride. And, I think I spotted you but couldn't be sure. Just a blur cause you were going so fast..... Ride safe..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I did a Google Map Aerial trip down that road today. Looks like a great ride. And, I think I spotted you but couldn't be sure. Just a blur cause you were going so fast..... Ride safe..... Jim
    I've run this road at least a dozen times over the years, and today wasn't my best effort ...... because the road was still damp from the previous night rain ...... When this road is Dry it is SCARY fast , if you dare .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I have posted about this " find " of a road in the past , but it's worth repeating ..... hwy " H " between Rt 125 and Rt 160 ( thru the Mark Twain forest ) IMHO is one of the most challenging roads I have ever been on .... and that includes the " Dragon "& " Rattler " .... it is extremely " twistie ", there aren't really any slow turns like on the previous mentioned roads ..... this Road is driven at speeds up to 75mph ( if you have the skill and nerve ) ... you are ( or should be ) constantly shifting to maintain maximum thrust ..... Seth-O and I ran this yesterday at 10/10 speed.... there weren't any other veh's encountered ... Seth had His Go-Pro on .. only to discover the Batteries had died ..... I didn't measure the length but I think it's about 15 miles long .... before we hit Rt 160 I had to stop to take a break I was spent and my reflexes were getting a bit loose, something you don't want when your in a posted ( yel. sign ) 25 mph curve and your doing 60 mph..... When we reached Rt 160 ( heading to " J " & " JJ " and Peel's Ferry ) the Ski's opened up and signaled the end of any challenging speeds.... We went to Branson and headed back on the super slab ( 65 ) because today's fun was over ..... Tomorrow promises sun & 72 and I'll be heading back to finish the ride..... Hope you enjoyed my story ..... PS - Seth is really a " Balls to the wall rider " and I really enjoy riding with Him .......Mike
    Since you like the roads with higher speed "suggestions" you might be interested in a couple of my favorites a wee bit west of you. AZ191 from Morenci to Alpine (Devil's hwy) is 86 miles with 534 curves that are mostly above 55mph suggestions. NM152 Silver City to Hillsboro (Gila Monster) is 56 miles but I have no idea how many curves with similar speed suggestions.

edit: if you have a moment, could you post a map showing this route? I make it out to Bentonville AR. occasionally and this should not be terribly far to check out from there. I was trying to locate H on MS Streets and Trips between 125 and 160. I found H, but did not find 125 or 160. thanks

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Since you like the roads with higher speed "suggestions" you might be interested in a couple of my favorites a wee bit west of you. AZ191 from Morenci to Alpine (Devil's hwy) is 86 miles with 534 curves that are mostly above 55mph suggestions. NM152 Silver City to Hillsboro (Gila Monster) is 56 miles but I have no idea how many curves with similar speed suggestions.

edit: if you have a moment, could you post a map showing this route? I make out to Bentonville AR. occasionally and this should not be terribly far to check out from there. I was trying to locate H on MS Streets and Trips between 125 and 160. I found H, but did not find 125 or 160. thanks
    Sorry but I can't do a Map .... I use Google Maps to find the best roads ..... 125 & 160 are main roads down here ..... Find Peel's Ferry and backtrack ..... I'm leaving Springfield right now ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

AH HA! I kept searching; had no idea MT Nat'l Forest had multiple sections. This definitely looks like something I have to try next time I visit the in-laws in Bentonville. The southern end is only about 90 miles from them. More likely to be on two wheels than three though.

thanks for the info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    AH HA! I kept searching; had no idea MT Nat'l Forest had multiple sections. This definitely looks like something I have to try next time I visit the in-laws in Bentonville. The southern end is only about 90 miles from them. More likely to be on two wheels than three though.

thanks for the info.
    ... Glad you found it ….. Mo. hwy. dept says it 19.4 miles …. my ( tire corrected ) mileage said 16.4 miles …. Sun. 5/5 I rode it three times …. once going to Peel's ferry and then twice on the way back ….it's that sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet a road ….. Mike