Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Gentlemen this is what makes this forum great, what a fantastic respectful exchange of info, and this is coming from a guy who is barely able to follow along. I don’t understand it all but I’m learning anyway, thank you.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    There is not a common outlet from the oil tank. The HCM has its own suction line from the oil tank feeding its own oil pump. .
    Thanks Billy. I was looking at the wrong tank picture. SE5 tank has the extra hose...and I knew that! Thanks.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey Sully - as the proud owner of an SE5, you might be curious about all this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    Hey Sully - as the proud owner of an SE5, you might be curious about all this:
    Whoa, excellent, thanks!

I'll dig into it as soon as I can....
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Those diagrams were very helpful.
    Here's what I did today:
    Drained the oil and checked the strainer. Nothing in it, perfectly clean.
    Refilled oil.
    Took the gear selector switch apart (felt adventurous). Nothing looking wrong. Lost a little ball and a nut, but that should be no problem to replace.
    Thought, perhaps there is no priming of that HCM pump, so I removed the dipstick and slightly opened the HCM filter housing to let oil move where it wanted to by opening the top of an air space.
    Tightened everything back up.
    Started the motor.
    Toggled the gear selector internal bits to change from N to 1. Couple tries later, THUD!
    Back and forth from N to 1 to N a few times, satisfying THUD! going into first each time.
    Everything so far with parking brake on, as the left control stuff is still in pieces.

So I'm left with either:
    1. There was an air gap that didn't allow oil into the HCM pump. Note for later: fill the oil, Then install HCM filter.
    2. There is a problem with my switch that, due to being disassembled, I can press the detentes further in than the assembled lever would allow.

I'll report back once I get the switch reassembled.
    Meanwhile, thanks all for the help, I'm most of the way done.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Alrighty, that was fun.
    Got the gear selector assembly all back together, started it up, and ran it back and forth N-1-N-R-N-1-N-R-N a couple of times.
    All seems well.
    Going to put the panels on now, and go for a ride, hopefully before it starts raining. Again.

So I'm left with thinking (hoping) that the original shifting issues caused by a mostly blocked HCM filter.
    And the problem after changing the oil was an air gap at the HCM pump.
    Knock wood, we'll see what happens next time the system is hot after an hour or so riding.

Thanks again,
    Sully
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Went for a ~20 minute test ride, and I'd say it's 80-90% of the way from where it was to where it should be.
    By that I mean, it shifts really smooth and easy now. Definitely better than before the oil change.
    Tiny niggle though; it missed shifting N to R twice, but giving it perhaps 100-200 RPM worth of additional throttle and it shifted.
    We'll have to wait for a long hot ride though; it's about to rain I think.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black