Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Vredestein Quatrac 5

Just got shipment notice that my new rear tire in 205/60R15 size will be delivered next Tuesday

Ordered on March 27th from Vulcan Tire. It's a special order item, but will be worth the wait assuming it will handle like the fronts do!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I'm in the same boat, waiting on the rear. I ordered the V rated, figured the tolerances may be held closer so it may not need as much balancing weights. Not sure of this though.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I just checked Valcan Tire's web site and they now show both the H and the V version in the 205/60R15 size in stock.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Excellent tire!
    Approaching 10K on em.
    On my front drive Toyota Sienna.
    Quiet, smooth, took hardly any weight.
    Road force indicates virtually no variance side to side.
    Gor me thru deep 8" snow with no problem
    Good luck with them on your Spyder!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I'm in the same boat, waiting on the rear. I ordered the V rated, figured the tolerances may be held closer so it may not need as much balancing weights. Not sure of this though.
    The speed rating should have no difference ........... the quality of the tire is what matters ..... Here's something interesting - the General Altimax RT 43 has a better rating in the lower " speed rating " than the higher ones ???? ... I have no explanation for that .... it just is ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm making simple ass-umptions here. V rate is good to 149 MPH continuous, while T rated is 118 MPH continuous. At very least the quality control has to be better. But I may pay the price in extra weight. The higher speed rating may mean more reinforcement, hence more weight. I'll weight the V rated and post the specs against the Kenda when I get it.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    I'm making simple ass-umptions here. V rate is good to 149 MPH continuous, while T rated is 118 MPH continuous. At very least the quality control has to be better. But I may pay the price in extra weight. The higher speed rating may mean more reinforcement, hence more weight. I'll weight the V rated and post the specs against the Kenda when I get it.
    KENDA - that tire is a joke compared to even the lowest rated auto tire ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I concur wholeheartedly.
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So much for getting quatratec all around.
    When I mentioned tires were not exactly the same size, wider upfront and narrower in the rear when I was setting appointment at the dealer, they said they will only install tires that are same size as kenda, what’s embossed on tires not the actual size.
    I didn’t wanna do it but now I will have to go with 2 different brands, front and back.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    When I mentioned tires were not exactly the same size, wider upfront and narrower in the rear when I was setting appointment at the dealer, they said they will only install tires that are same size as kenda, what’s embossed on tires not the actual size.
    I didn’t wanna do it but now I will have to go with 2 different brands, front and back.
    Wow, but not surprised. I always take off my wheels and bring them to an independent tire shop with my tires where they mount them and no hassles.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Just got shipment notice that my new rear tire in 205/60R15 size will be delivered next Tuesday

Ordered on March 27th from Vulcan Tire. It's a special order item, but will be worth the wait assuming it will handle like the fronts do!
    Update,

I did get my tire and 2 additional ones that I did not order. Sent the suppler an email about this, but have not heard back.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Hope you didn't get mine, I have a 205/60R15 Vredestein coming in by the 14th. Took them over a month to process the order!
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A link to a Canadian supplier for the Vredestein tires was posted on this site, I went to it today, and just ordered my 2 front tires...I have not had confirmation as to when they will be shipped yet.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

AKA 1004, don't know you situation, however, when the dealer told me he would only install the same size as on the Spyder, I would have gone to a dealer that would, and make sure he knew it!

Spyder Garage

A dealer up here was the same.... must be an exact OEM size match. Ordered Toyo Proxes 4 for the rear and Fed. Formosa AZ01 fronts.

Spyder Garage

I think your DEALER is really, really clue-less ….. because He doesn't even know the Kenda's are different sizes also ….. RUN from that Stealer ...….....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    A link to a Canadian supplier for the Vredestein tires was posted on this site, I went to it today, and just ordered my 2 front tires...I have not had confirmation as to when they will be shipped yet.
    Hey Big Bad it would be nice if you posted the Suppliers info ……. Mike

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hey Big Bad it would be nice if you posted the Suppliers info ……. Mike
    Sorry Mike, my bad. Supplier is Quattrotires.com. They appear to be in the province of Quebec, probably Montreal.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think your DEALER is really, really clue-less ….. because He doesn't even know the Kenda's are different sizes also ….. RUN from that Stealer ...….....Mike
    I was thinking about attending spyder Jam in Cuba but cowtown will not install ANY car tires in front.
    May be I should expand my search area to Dallas...
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I was thinking about attending spyder Jam in Cuba but cowtown will not install ANY car tires in front.
    May be I should expand my search area to Dallas...
    99.8% of the folks here, take the front wheels/tires off themselves, and take their New Auto tires to any car repair or tire installation shop and have them switched ….. and Usually spun balanced also …… Only dealers will remove and replace wheels / tires from a Spyder …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    Sorry Mike, my bad. Supplier is Quattrotires.com. They appear to be in the province of Quebec, probably Montreal.
    Quite a few Canadians, should Thank You for this info …… I have been told by quite a few No One sells Vredesteins ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

I took my front tires/rims to Discount Tire along with the new tires, and they didn't have a problem mounting the new ones.

99.8% of the folks here, take the front wheels/tires off themselves, and take their New Auto tires to any car repair or tire installation shop and have them switched ….. and Usually spun balanced also …… Only dealers will remove and replace wheels / tires from a Spyder …… Mike
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

https://www.tiresandco.ca/Quatrac in Canada,shipping can be expensive unless you buy 4 then it is free.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

From experience no issue with different brand tires front and rear. Currently Vredesteins in the front Kumho rear.. no issues at all AND what a difference with the Vs on the front...completely different and better ride! Just sayin...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cleg View Post
    From experience no issue with different brand tires front and rear. Currently Vredesteins in the front Kumho rear.. no issues at all AND what a difference with the Vs on the front...completely different and better ride! Just sayin...
    This is Mandatory when mounting tires : " Tires on the SAME axel must be the SAME " ……" NEVER mix Radials with Bias Ply ", " NEVER mix Different types of tires with each other " ….. Mike