Spyder Garage

Angry 2 Weeks Waiting Time!

I called my Can-Am dealer to let him know I was bringing my bike in for some work, and asked what day next week would be best. The head service guy laughed, and said they were jammed more than ever before, and there was a TWO WEEK wait before they could even look at my bike! The two weeks start after my bike arrives at their shop! I have had to wait a couple of days before, but never 2 weeks. Either Spyders are breaking down at an alarming rate, or they lost some of their service guys. Maybe there's been a recall of later models? If I had another dealer close by, I'd go there, but I don't. Looks like weeks without riding...BUMMER.

Spyder Garage

First sign of warm weather and everyone wants work done or tires installed. I help out in my buddy's independent shop and he is booked solid until mid June. Try as we might we cannot get folks to schedule over the winter months when we have plenty of time and inventory to work with. This year has been busier than usual for some reason. Maybe the long wet winter in southern Ohio has lots of folks itching to ride.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

It seems to be an ever increasing problem. Which I don't like. They are not winning any new friends or customers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

What work needs to be done..? Urgent and will you need parts..? If so have them ordered if need be or picked and set aside for you or those weeks could get longer..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Three weeks here. (see my post about thermostat). I think this is the Achilles heel of Spyder ownership. And the dealer will not pre-order parts. I guess they don't want to have any spares in stock in case the parts are not needed for a particular repair. You'd think they are operating on a thread-thin profit margin. But, when they have business booked solid for weeks on end, I don't believe that for a minute. Especially at $125. per hour. The Business Model for BRP sucks..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Warm Weather

....Same here, should have taken it in last month.....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I also have a Kawasaki Nomad and visited them to pick up a few things. They indicated they were also booked two-three weeks out . So it is not just CanAm. The Kawasaki dealer is a small family operation, but very good.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

It isn’t just Spyders they are working on, this is the start of the off road riding season and boating as well. Now I won’t accept a dealer telling me that I am making an appointment to drop off my bike with an unknown date that they will actually work on it, but I do understand that I may have to wait a while to get on the schedule.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    It seems to be an ever increasing problem. Which I don't like. They are not winning any new friends or customers.
    It's a problem of the ages. We don't think about it until we want it. NOW!!
    Seriously, I was a bicycle mechanic circa 1990 and it was exactly the same then.
    Warm weather arrives and BOOM! everyone wants a tune-up.
    Back then it was common to have bicycles wait a month to get done.
    I agree with Navydad; plan ahead and you'll be at the front of the line.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, for me, I am just not that patient. Will see what happens when I want some servicing next time. At least I will be able to check out service at four out of five in my new area.

For me, a big deal since the one and only dealer in AK is no longer a dealer. Although he claims he will do service for the next year or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A lot of bikes hibernate without fuel stabilizer or Battery Tenders hooked up. Come spring and and the resultant problems have them in the shop.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Unfortunately, for me, I am just not that patient. Will see what happens when I want some servicing next time. At least I will be able to check out service at four out of five in my new area.

For me, a big deal since the one and only dealer in AK is no longer a dealer. Although he claims he will do service for the next year or so.
    When is soon?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A little patience goes a long way. This time of year the power sports dealers are busy. Maybe you could ask them when their slow time is and get your bike in then.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by solidgranite View Post
    I called my Can-Am dealer to let him know I was bringing my bike in for some work, and asked what day next week would be best. The head service guy laughed, and said they were jammed more than ever before, and there was a TWO WEEK wait before they could even look at my bike! The two weeks start after my bike arrives at their shop! I have had to wait a couple of days before, but never 2 weeks. Either Spyders are breaking down at an alarming rate, or they lost some of their service guys. Maybe there's been a recall of later models? If I had another dealer close by, I'd go there, but I don't. Looks like weeks without riding...BUMMER.
    Guys, I appreciate all the comments and shared experiences with the delays at the Can-Am dealer for service. For those who asked, I have no idea of what's causing the problems I'm having, so I can't order any parts in advance. Also, I rode the bike throughout the winter, so I know its not a "bad gas" issue. Its starts immediately, so I'm pretty sure its not the battery. Since this stuff (codes and faults) just began happening, there's no way I could have booked an appointment a month ago. LOL I have only ONE Can-Am Dealer within 100 miles of me, so there's really no choice. My dealer also sells Indians and some kind of 3 wheel "car/bike" type vehicle. It seems strange that there's all this backlog when I very seldom see another Spyder on the road around here. I'm betting that they lost a couple of their service guys. Last year, it was a 2 day wait...now its 2 weeks before they can even look at it!?! Unacceptable, but I have no choices. :-(

Spyder Garage

solidgranite, you didn’t by any chance take it to Chesapeake dealer did you ? I took mine there last week and more or less got same answer, couple weeks. They’re good, but awful busy.

Spyder Garage

Or by design are Sypders just a PITA to work on therefore it takes longer to do anything...my dealers last excuse was his yard was still wet from spring.......?

Spyder Garage

Yes, Spyders are a PITA to work on, especially if you don't have the know how and tech manuals. :-)
    Last edited by solidgranite; 05-06-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: replied to wrong post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marr View Post
    solidgranite, you didn’t by any chance take it to Chesapeake dealer did you ? I took mine there last week and more or less got same answer, couple weeks. They’re good, but awful busy.
    Yup, that's the one! Been taking my bike there since I got it about 2 1/2 years ago. They do good work, no complaints, but there's a "wait" every time. LOL I don't have any other Can-Am dealers close by, so I'm stuck with the Chesapeake dealer. :-)