Spyder Garage

Default Frame ground on 2013 RSS..anyone know where it is?

With my spyder not starting issue I was wondering if anyone knows where the frame ground is before I start taking off all the panels to try and find it?
    Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If memory serves ... it is on the right rear under the seat .......... It isn't something that comes loose .... others have tried to tighten and had BAD results .... ask Billy Bovine via PM about this ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks.I think I read that ground is on the 12 and earlier models but I have read alot of posts today so I could be wrong..lol.. I will take a look in the morning..thanks!

Spyder Garage

Here is the diagram of the 2013 ground cable showing the grounding points. Since you are looking at a starting problem. Look at the main frame ground and engine ground.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks Billy,I have found where it goes to the jump start posts and voltage is good across there.Will have to try tracing the frame and engine ground today and check their connections. Will have to remove some panels and investigate...Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LisaJ View Post
    Thanks Billy,I have found where it goes to the jump start posts and voltage is good across there.Will have to try tracing the frame and engine ground today and check their connections. Will have to remove some panels and investigate...Thanks!
    I have put " Star " washers ( it looks like a reg. but with TEETH either inside or outside the edges ) .... I have never had one come loose by itself ..... so neither will the connections ..... PS thanks Billy ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Theres two.one under the seat and one on the left side front chassis area that does the dps and front loom half.

Spyder Garage

Thanks..I don't see anything under the seat unless I have to remove something?..and sorry,don't understand "chassis area that does the dps and front loom half." means ?..Althought I do believe I traced that one out and found it and yes it was on the lower left side.

Spyder Garage

if you find the dps unit and trace the earth wire from that it goes to the same point as the front earth.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    if you find the dps unit and trace the earth wire from that it goes to the same point as the front earth.
    The diagram is very clear. It shows all the major grounding points and what you describe does not apply to the 2013 models Spyders. That was the first year that the battery was moved to the front. What you are trying to describe sounds like 2012 and earlier models.

2018 F3 LIMITED