Thread: Genius Map

Spyder Garage

Default Genius Map

I have looked everywhere for a Genius maps user manual....help! After going to settings, while connected the spyder , I cannot get out of setting to go back to the main screen.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First off go get the 2019 owners manual and you'll find missing instructions. http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...c-98ee83681845

To switch back to the main app view just hold the joystick in. When in an app, hold the joystick to the left. Create routes on the phone because it's way easier than doing on the bike. Sygic GPS is easier to use. You can pretty much modify the route on either the same way you do in Google Maps by holding finger on route and dragging it to another road. Play with it and for extra help do a search in Google and look up links that have spyderlovers as doing a search in here doesn't work real well.

Second Here's a Youtube video.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Does Sygic work with the BRP connect?

Spyder Garage

I see Sygic does work with BRP connect. It appears that it is free via the apple app store!!Am i Looking at the right app? thx

Spyder Garage

Loaded on phone....will not recognize the Sygic programm.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    Loaded on phone....will not recognize the Sygic programm.
    It's not free. There is an app fee plus a vehicle connectivity fee and I don't remember if there is a fee to download the map data which can be each state or all US or more.

Rever is free but there is a subscription to get the best out of it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I have looked everywhere for a Genius maps user manual....help! After going to settings, while connected the spyder , I cannot get out of setting to go back to the main screen.
    I had the same problem, figured it out after I got home. Hold the control stick button to the left, it will eventually go back to the previous menu, or the route map.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can find better instructions on the 2019 operators manuals. http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...8-b456517053ce
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Hi all, i have connected to Genius maps through BRP Connect and have found that it is operating through Bluetooth, same as music, is this normal?

Is there any advantage to plugging in to the USB apart from charging my ph, i do find the volume isn't great and make sure the volume is turned up on the ph,

i have the latest software update 20.8

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Hi all, i have connected to Genius maps through BRP Connect and have found that it is operating through Bluetooth, same as music, is this normal?

Is there any advantage to plugging in to the USB apart from charging my ph, i do find the volume isn't great and make sure the volume is turned up on the ph,

i have the latest software update 20.8
    Yes all the audio from the phone apps to the dash is through the 2 BT connections. Video and graphics on the dash screen from the phone apps is through the usb cable. BT does not have enough bandwidth for that.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Got it and thanks billybovine. Volume anyone!

Spyder Garage

After some thought. Maybe try this. Take your phone out to your Spyder. Turn on the ignition key and wait for the two to BT connect. Do not plug in the usb cable. When they have BT connected. If it has not happened automatically. Start a music player from your phone. Then try increasing the volume on your phone. If a message comes up warning about damaging your hearing. Choose ignore or something like that. Then it will allow you to increase the phone volume to full. You will not have to do this again except maybe after a phone OS update.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    After some thought. Maybe try this. Take your phone out to your Spyder. Turn on the ignition key and wait for the two to BT connect. Do not plug in the usb cable. When they have BT connected. If it has not happened automatically. Start a music player from your phone. Then try increasing the volume on your phone. If a message comes up warning about damaging your hearing. Choose ignore or something like that. Then it will allow you to increase the phone volume to full. You will not have to do this again except maybe after a phone OS update.
    Good advice.

Another mention is that, depending on your situation, it's possible your phone is already BT connected with something in the house - so it won't auto-connect. You'd need to manually tell it to connect to BRP. Happened to me this afternoon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    Good advice.

Another mention is that, depending on your situation, it's possible your phone is already BT connected with something in the house - so it won't auto-connect. You'd need to manually tell it to connect to BRP. Happened to me this afternoon.
    You can have many BT connections to the phone. On the odd occasion it might have a glitch but 99% of the time it will connect. I have my Apple watch connected all the time and turning the bike on and no problems connecting.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    This is what we all love about these sites, most of you probably know, i didn't. It worked!

it was the media volume that was down. Thanks again billbovine.

Spyder Garage

I have no problems with connecting BT, thanks all. AB

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    You can have many BT connections to the phone. On the odd occasion it might have a glitch but 99% of the time it will connect. I have my Apple watch connected all the time and turning the bike on and no problems connecting.
    That's true but you likely can't have more then one BT connection in the same mode as another device. For example the Spyder dash makes the connection, to the phone, in HFP (Hands Free Protocol) and in A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). It is highly likely that most phones are not able to connect to more than one device at a time in either of those 2 profiles. When I start my Spyder in the garage at home. I have to remember to disconnect my house phone handsets. If I don't. My phone will BT connect the the Spyder but only in A2DP. So the stereo music player stuff will work but none of the Phone functions will.

2018 F3 LIMITED