Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    413
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Custom Painted 900 Ryker

    My son sent me this. I'm not into blue but gives you some perspective of what could be

    https://www.cowtownpowersports.com/N...88062?ref=list

  2. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    80
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I like it

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    47
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    That looks great!

  4. #4
    Active Member Micnice10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Rochester, MA
    Posts
    87
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    That’s tough

  5. #5
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    30,919
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Very cool....

    Nice choice of color. looks great with more color..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

    ​2012 RS sm5

  6. #6
    aka: akspyderman ARtraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    34,547
    Spyder Garage
    6

    Default

    Looks very nice to me also.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 10 years, 145,375 miles


  7. #7
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Indiana USA
    Posts
    1,707
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Color

    YES, BLUE is very cool.....
    2016 RT LTD 'Little Blue-Boy'

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    41
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I like that alot! Any idea how much a paint job like that would run?

  9. #9
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    336
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I wonder also what cost to wrap? cueman

  10. #10
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    127
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    That is pretty.

  11. #11
    Very Active Member Rogue Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,570
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Yes, that is better than the flat black IMO

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    South West Illinois (Near St. Louis)
    Posts
    6
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Man, that really stands out. I may have to look into that for mine.

    Thanks,

  13. #13
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    47
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I wonder also what cost to wrap? cueman
    For paint, if you took all the pieces off the bike and took it to a local body shop using quality paint, I’d say around $1k. To wrap it doing the same deal this really depends as it depends where you go. It’s a lot of pieces and some of these are a pain to do and time consuming. My guess around $800-$1600. I’m currently doing my bike and have finished it all just gotta put it back together. Cost $100 to do it myself.

  14. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    134
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Yep... if you plan to wrap the entire trike, then probably painting will be cheaper and easier.
    The wrap material by itself (good quality) is quite high in $.

    If you only wrap a few pieces, then is worth it.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrNewt View Post
    Yep... if you plan to wrap the entire trike, then probably painting will be cheaper and easier.
    The wrap material by itself (good quality) is quite high in $.

    If you only wrap a few pieces, then is worth it.
    Yeah I have someone in mind for a wrap, but I can't think of what I would do. I keep thinking these look great more simplistic and less color. More murdered out.

    The blue does look good though but not for me personally.

  16. #16
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    134
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coinoperatedboi View Post
    Yeah I have someone in mind for a wrap, but I can't think of what I would do. I keep thinking these look great more simplistic and less color. More murdered out.

    The blue does look good though but not for me personally.
    Honestly... personally I think these trikes are a perfect canvas for a "rat" look... or bobber style.
    I really like what they did at their launch for the Ryker - where they had an artist doing some custom painting, graffiti look on the trikes.

    I could see myself doing something similar in the future .
    I just need to come up with my own idea first...

  17. #17
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    47
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Hopefully these pics work. Gotta put everything back on later today and will take some pics. Did my 900 in 3m carbon fiber gloss with red accents and the wife’s 600 im doing in pink.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    10
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrNewt View Post
    Honestly... personally I think these trikes are a perfect canvas for a "rat" look... or bobber style.
    I really like what they did at their launch for the Ryker - where they had an artist doing some custom painting, graffiti look on the trikes.

    I could see myself doing something similar in the future .
    I just need to come up with my own idea first...
    You mean like the old rat rods?
    Boy, that would be hot! I like the juxtaposition of classic vs. modern.

    I saw an electric car recently that was built out of an old style 50’s chassis w/ “rust” paint applied generously & classic leather bench seats... not gonna lie- I’d take it over a top of the line Tesla any day! =)

    Edit: found a link!
    https://electrek.co/2018/10/31/1949-...la-powertrain/

  19. #19
    Very Active Member gkamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Spokane, Wa
    Posts
    635
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I like it.
    Greg Kamer
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

  20. #20
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    127
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Initially I liked it. Looking at it again? Black fenders don't look right. Paint those blue think it would pop!

  21. #21
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    GTA, Canada
    Posts
    134
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topper24hours View Post
    You mean like the old rat rods?
    Boy, that would be hot! I like the juxtaposition of classic vs. modern.

    I saw an electric car recently that was built out of an old style 50’s chassis w/ “rust” paint applied generously & classic leather bench seats... not gonna lie- I’d take it over a top of the line Tesla any day! =)

    Edit: found a link!
    https://electrek.co/2018/10/31/1949-...la-powertrain/
    Yep, something like that - I love that rat .
    At the launch they did something slightly different but still love the look of it - found a picture (kind of cool in my books ):

    41127233_144047393204768_3734575460687690296_n.jpg

  22. #22
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    47
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Finally finished it!

  23. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    5
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Soooo awesome. Love the carbon fiber! Was it tough to wrap?

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    That looks awesome!!! Any plans on wrapping the front wheel fenders?

  25. #25
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    47
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeyer View Post
    Soooo awesome. Love the carbon fiber! Was it tough to wrap?
    Depends on the piece your wrapping. The hood, rear piece with brp, small piece under the seat, glove box cover, tank cover, and piece under the handle bars are not very hard to do. Fender above tire was tough in spots as rivers hold it so had to do it on the bike. The colored panels arent super hard but more difficult then the easier panels listed above. Now that gas tank cover piece oh my was that a pain lol. Your chasing it all over heating and stretching back and forth back and forth. The good news is wrap is cheap and you can buy small 12”x12” for $3 each! You can use those to do the easier small pieces and get practice. Mess up no biggie cost you $3 and you learn from it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •