Thread: My Summer Trip

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default My Summer Trip

Hi guys,

I have planned this vacation for quite some time and I figured I'd let you know if someone wants to tag along for part of the way.

At the end of July, I am leaving WI to go back to the motherland that is Quebec! So, on July 31 I leave WI on the I-94, go around Chicago through the 294 or through Chitown on I-90 and then head back on I-94 until I reach MI. Then going through Flint and crossing the border in Sarnia. After that, I will continue to London ON to spend the night at a firends house (or maybe Kitchener if he is not available).

On Saturday August 1st, I leave London for St-Jean-sur-Richelieu in Qc on the 401 and Hwy 20.

Each is about 500 miles. If you have better road suggestions, please share. If you'd like to meet for coffee/food or tag along for part of the ride you are more than welcome to join me. I will be doing the reverse ride on August 13 and 14, but still interested in going towards NY on I-87 and then on I-80 but may want to do this one in 3 days and "visit" a little more.

I hope I can meet a few of you during this trip.

Spyder Garage

Nice trip. I assume if you're going thru Flint, you'll be going thru Lansing as well (?). If so, exit off I-94 to I-69 North (around Marshall, MI) and head towards Lansing. I'd gladly meet up with you here and ryde as far as Port Huron with you.

Maybe we can even get Firefly to meet up with us.

PM me for more details.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, so far I will take I-69 around Marshall through Lansing and Flint.

Spyder Garage

Just before you get to Marshall, comes Battle Creek. We only live a couple of miles form I-94. Hope to see you, say "Hi," and maybe ride a little ways.

You have real guts. I am not that comfortable on 294 in a car, much less a motorcycle. Not that fond of I-90, either. Guess the big city just scares me. If I were doing it I'd think hard about one of the car ferries.
    -Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Just before you get to Marshall, comes Battle Creek. We only live a couple of miles form I-94. Hope to see you, say "Hi," and maybe ride a little ways.

You have real guts. I am not that comfortable on 294 in a car, much less a motorcycle. Not that fond of I-90, either. Guess the big city just scares me. If I were doing it I'd think hard about one of the car ferries.
    -Scotty
    I thought about the ferry, but it takes longer than riding and is quite expensive. But I agree with you, dlon't like that road at all either. My other choice is going through the UP, but that will make for a long day of riding.

I guess I will ahve to stop by to say hi for sure and get my picture taken on the legendary mini-trike!

Spyder Garage

Berquack,
    We are 5 miles off I-69 just east of Flint. When you are getting close, let us know. If we are not working, maybe we can ride part of the way. Also, just a note, East of Flint on I-69 is a construction zone. I will try to find out the dates for you and how long the zone goes. I know it is down to one lane right now for quite a ways. Hope to get you an update soon.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Berquack,
    We are 5 miles off I-69 just east of Flint. When you are getting close, let us know. If we are not working, maybe we can ride part of the way. Also, just a note, East of Flint on I-69 is a construction zone. I will try to find out the dates for you and how long the zone goes. I know it is down to one lane right now for quite a ways. Hope to get you an update soon.
    That would be awesome. I would realy like to meet you and Brian. I also appreciate your assistance with traffic information.

I will keep you posted, provide cell number about a week before I leave.

Have a great 4th weekend!