Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Drag Racing ---- Spyderfest 2019

Well yesterday ( 5/2 ) they had the Drags at a Real Drag track ( Thank you Jeff & Joy ) .... although it was overcast and threatening ...it DIDN'T rain ..... I have a 2014 RT with a CAT Delete .... my best E.T. ( in the 1/4 mi. ) was 14.72 seconds .... my highest speed was 92.70 ..... I did 24 timed runs and was avg. in the upper 14's and low 15's ..... avg. high speed was high 80's to low 90's ..... I lost my last race after winning in my bracket ..... Seth-O was putting on a show ..of how to LAUNCH .... His reflexes are incredible .... an actual " Off the line time " of .500 is considered PERFECT ... I don't think His were ever more than .700 .... this is in the PRO Drag class ...... ... and Yes He was the winner in the F-3 category ..... Today I went riding with Seth-O ( He knows what speed in the Twistie's is all about ).. We went to hwy " H " ( near 125 in the Mark Twain forest ) zero traffic ..... about 5 mi. into the run I realized my RT was in ECO mode .... and had been during the Drags ...... No excuses but I wish I realized this yesterday ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm wondering how many raced yesterday that had a RE-MAPPED E.C.U. I'm interested in seeing that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    I'm wondering how many raced yesterday that had a RE-MAPPED E.C.U. I'm interested in seeing that.
    I pretty sure no one there had the re-map done ..... None of the bikes were producing any " Really " good times or speeds ..... I'm friends with Jeff, and was filling the various brackets based on what you had done to your Spyder .... Nobody claimed an ECU mod .... Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Today I went riding with Seth-O ( He knows what speed in the Twistie's is all about ).. We went to hwy " H " ( near 125 in the Mark Twain forest ) zero traffic ..... about 5 mi. into the run I realized my RT was in ECO mode .... and had been during the Drags ...... No excuses but I wish I realized this yesterday ...... Mike
    I have wondered about the eco mode. I was told by one of the mechanics that when you go full throttle in eco mode, that it was over ridden. That was in the event that you are on the interstate, in eco mode, and needed to give it all it had in order to avoid a traffic situation. Not sure if it is true or not, but I have noticed that in eco mode, it is sluggish until you give it full throttle. Then it tends to pick up like normal. That would be good to know.

Also, did any rykers run?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I have wondered about the eco mode. I was told by one of the mechanics that when you go full throttle in eco mode, that it was over ridden. That was in the event that you are on the interstate, in eco mode, and needed to give it all it had in order to avoid a traffic situation. Not sure if it is true or not, but I have noticed that in eco mode, it is sluggish until you give it full throttle. Then it tends to pick up like normal. That would be good to know.

Also, did any rykers run?
    IMHO, I think ECO mode doesn't change unless you turn it off ..... The reason I checked, was because I have run " H " many times and my RT felt slower .... sure enough the Freaking ECO mode was ON ....My fault no excuses ..... after I turned it OFF my RT preformed much, much better............ Mike