Spyder Garage

Question fault: beep after setting brake 2010 RTSE5 PE551 with 67k miles

I set the brake, turn key to off, beep blares for different number of times (not consistent). started 3/4 way through a 1,800 mile ride. any suggestions on what/how to start looking for.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, the beeping is designed to stop after a certain time after the key is turned off. Not sure if it will always be consistent. But anyway, of course you would want to do a functional check of the parking brake - that it applies the brake and releases the brake when it is supposed to. And do a visual inspection of the actuator on the rear - check for tightness of that center nut and the cable adjuster nuts. Otherwise, you'll have to pull right side panels to check that the cam tab on the brake motor pulley is operating the micro switch. The tab operates the switch arm when the brake is disengaged. The switch is free to release when the brake is engaged. Kind of backwards as to what you might think. My original picture was incorrect. For spring cleaning, I've got mine apart and just confirmed how it works. But anyway, just depends if you want to remove panels while on a trip. You might simply have a sticky switch.

Edit: Original post contained bum dope and incorrect picture explanation.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238