Spyder Garage

Default Is it worth installing the BRP Automatic Air Suspension Kit on an F3T

Hello, I have a 2017 F3T and my rear air suspension leaks constantly, has anyone bought and installed the BRP Automatic Suspension Kit add on, its a bit pricey but is it worth it.

Any experience with this add on, is it worth it or better to fix the leakage issue on the valve, thanks for your feedback

Mau

Here is the link to the BRP product

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...3-limited.html

Spyder Garage

Mau, if you do the auto suspension kit please post your thoughts here. See thread below about rear suspension leaks and how I have a brand new, dealer installed assembly but it still leaks......Thanks

Spyder Garage

It shouldn't be too hard to take your air bag & the line/valve right out/off the bike so you can really check it for leaks & do any repairs/replacements properly! Regardless, I certainly wouldn't be paying anything like the $$ they are asking for a BRP automatic kit! Do a bit of searching here on the Forum & check out how many people have compressor failure issues with them &/or on-going leaky valve problems - ie, on-going issues with the very bits you are being asked to pay premium $$ for!!

I went the 'after-market replacement compressor' route with my RT some years back, & haven't had any issues since, but now there are full on replacement kits available! One of the recent discussions provides links to a few of those better alternatives. So do the search, look them up, and talk to those alternative suppliers, one that comes readily to mind is the The Airbag Man, check with them to see what they can offer before throwing away any of your hard earned $$ on a BRP alternative that will very likely be just as problematic as your existing leaky 'manual' system!

Good Luck.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

When we had the 15 RT-S with the auto Suspension, it worked well and mainly ensured the ride comfort when switching from one to two up and back again. Since we switched to the F3T as my wifes daily commuter, it seems to be overkill for us, and a simpler plumbing direct to the airbag has been trouble free on her 16 F3T at 42,000 miles and my base RT at 47,000 miles.

I added Doc's air bag rock protector, and other than a leaky ferule just below the schrader valve which was easily fixed, no worries and checking the pressure once every month or so works for us. If you ride one and two up a lot, maybe your needs justify the compressor and auto adjust-- your call.
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

I appreciate your comments, I did some research in the forums and indeed there are simpler solutions than spending a lot of $$, also, service time came up for my F3T and I decided to take it to the dealer and see if they can resolve the air leakege issue, it should be covered by warranty, if they cant fix it, I will take a personal look into the valve and see if I can fix it. Will update the thread as soon as my F3T leaves the dealer.

Thanks for the comments, appreciate them.

Mau

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mau View Post
    I appreciate your comments, I did some research in the forums and indeed there are simpler solutions than spending a lot of $$, also, service time came up for my F3T and I decided to take it to the dealer and see if they can resolve the air leakege issue, it should be covered by warranty, if they cant fix it, I will take a personal look into the valve and see if I can fix it. Will update the thread as soon as my F3T leaves the dealer.

Mau
    They should be able to fix the leak, even if that means replacing parts. My 2017 F3T doesn't leak. Went into winter storage at 40psi and came out 5mo later at 39psi. I equate the loss to air temp and loss of air doing check.

Regards,

Don
    2017 F3T , Triple Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mau View Post

Mau
    Under NO circumstances should you accept ….." sorry but we can't fix it "….. Part of the price of your Spyder was guaranteed warranty repairs …..jmho ….The most common MYTH here is the dealer who says … " well we can't find the problem " ….. Total BS , everything that registers on the computer system - remains there ….. even BRP can't delete it ….. . Mike

Spyder Garage

I installed the auto adjust air on my 2016, it wasn't that bad to install. I got tired of regulating it for 1 or 2 riders and you do have to take it to the dealer for them to calibrate the ride height switch.