Thread: Got a new one

Spyder Garage

Default Got a new one

Yesterday, I talked with one of my friends, he has a 2017 RTS, and was having problems with the famous CODES. His Spyder was showing 7 different codes. Was finally able to get his Spyder to the shop on Saturday, 27 April 2019, and finally Monday they called to make arrangements to pick his Spyder up for repair. He talked with one of the people that signed in his Spyder, they forgot. Finally he got a call yesterday, 1 May 2019, that they had found the problem. Are you ready for this. They told him that the battery cables needed to be recharged. I told him, I have never heard of this before. We both live in northeastern Ohio and there is just one dealer, won't mention their name but this is what they determined to be the final problem. Cost was total $84. Had to have battery cables charged, go figure!!!!!
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Probably meant battery recharged. But they probably tightened the battery cables and that usually fixes that problem.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=JP58;1439372]Probably meant battery recharged. But they probably tightened the battery cables and that usually fixes that problem.[/QUO
    Seems to be a recurring problem on 2017 and 2018 Spyders had the same problem but had to get battery replaced. Anyone reading this if you purchase any of these year model the 1st thing I would do is get a wrench and tighten those battery terminal down tight.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Yup...cables were sorta loose....thx. 2018 rt

Spyder Garage

Default Problem is....

Many shops have the tech give the information to the service writer who in many cases is not a tech. So it easy to get missinformation and he probably combined the charging of the battery and the tightening of the cables. Good that is all it was and the charge was minimal. Hope he is on his way all fixed up....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black