Spyder Garage

Default What do you do with the antenna?

I have a 2018 F3L. I don't use the radio. The antenna is not used. It's actually in the way when I put a cover over the Spyder. It doesn't look like it can be removed without leaving a metal connection open to weather and it doesn't look like it could be twisted down and stowed. Has anyone done anything with the antenna on their F3L?

Thanks

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

I took mine off and screwed a bolt with the same thread pattern into the antenna mounting hole. been that way for 3 years. No I don't know the thread size had one in my junk box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I have a 2018 F3L. I don't use the radio. The antenna is not used. It's actually in the way when I put a cover over the Spyder. It doesn't look like it can be removed without leaving a metal connection open to weather and it doesn't look like it could be twisted down and stowed. Has anyone done anything with the antenna on their F3L?

Thanks

J
    Just remove it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

On my other bike I had an unconnected antennae on the tour pack.I found a short(about 3") replacement antennae I think made for hand held radio that went on.Looked ok and may not mess with your cover too much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    On my other bike I had an unconnected antennae on the tour pack.I found a short(about 3") replacement antennae I think made for hand held radio that went on.Looked ok and may not mess with your cover too much.
    Thanks. That is actually a good idea as I may have a small antenna from a handheld VHF I don’t use.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I use no-mar hook strips to mount my GoPro to the dash. 1 each side because the dash is peaked. Blacked with a sharpie. Makes for easy removal and remount.

>CLICK ME<

Image1.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I just removed mine and used a small plastic plug. IMO radio is worthless anyway.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents