Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I just chose the 2019 Ryker Rally over the 2019 base F3. I test rode the F3 base and the Ryker 900 several times, my dealer said feel free to ride either of his demo’s until my Rally is ready (s/b Sat).

The F3 felt a bit more plush than the Ryker, it also felt larger but didn’t bring anything to the table worth $5,000 more to my needs. I don’t really need the larger engine or additional cargo options and the ground clearance/gvwr capacity are basically the same. The Ryker also felt a bit more stable in turns, maybe just perception coming from 2 wheels.

I bought The Rally, not the standard Ryker, the $1,000 delta between those models was worth it to me for the included upgrades to the suspension, seat pan, bump skid, etc. If the F3 base was $1,500 over the Rally I might have considered it more seriously but I mostly ride 2 lane country roads and rarely go over 65-70 mph unless on the interstate. I also like that the Rykers have shaft drive vs a belt, given the road conditions where I ride.

In the end I could have rationalized either the F3 or the Ryker but I found the Ryker more fun to ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post
    I just chose the 2019 Ryker Rally over the 2019 base F3. I test rode the F3 base and the Ryker 900 several times, my dealer said feel free to ride either of his demo’s until my Rally is ready (s/b Sat).

The F3 felt a bit more plush than the Ryker, it also felt larger but didn’t bring anything to the table worth $5,000 more to my needs. I don’t really need the larger engine or additional cargo options and the ground clearance/gvwr capacity are basically the same. The Ryker also felt a bit more stable in turns, maybe just perception coming from 2 wheels.

I bought The Rally, not the standard Ryker, the $1,000 delta between those models was worth it to me for the included upgrades to the suspension, seat pan, bump skid, etc. If the F3 base was $1,500 over the Rally I might have considered it more seriously but I mostly ride 2 lane country roads and rarely go over 65-70 mph unless on the interstate. I also like that the Rykers have shaft drive vs a belt, given the road conditions where I ride.

In the end I could have rationalized either the F3 or the Ryker but I found the Ryker more fun to ride.
    Thanks for the insight. I have not rode the F3 but I did ride they Ryker Rally, and that's what I ordered. Seems production is lacking. Dealers cant keep them.

Spyder Garage

My best advice is go with your heart and brain, if they are both singing from the same hymn sheet go with that for either Spyder or Ryker
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KyBill View Post

Thanks! This is all very helpful. I'm trying to decide between the 2. Unfortunately there are no baseline f3's to be found in my area to test drive. The dealers say they are all being used for the rider education program till December. Not sure if I should wait or go with the Ryker now. I like the Ryker a lot so it would need to really be a game changer to spend the $$ for the f3. At least thats my initial thought.