Spyder Garage

Question Ryker quote from local dealer

Hi folks! I'm a long time lurker here and finally in the situation where I can afford a ride. I received the following quote from my local dealer. I noticed there is no set up fee and I think I may be able to get the Doc Fee reduced. My question is....How does this look for a deal on the Ryker 900? Is there any wiggle room in the MSRP?

Ryker: $9,999
    Doc fee: $199
    Sales tax : $637.38
    Registration fee's : $100
    Grand total of $ 10,935.38

Spyder Garage

Pretty typical, sales tax and registration will vary across the country. My dealer admin is $99 but $199 isn't unheard of

Spyder Garage

Those number sound great! The 1st dealer I went to, he tried to pull the wool over my eyes, saying there is very little markup selling at MSRP (he could have meant on the 600, and undoubtedly there is MORE markup on the 900). But he wanted like $400 for assembly and $300 doc fees!!! Saved $400 going to another dealer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great, do not pass up, price.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd buy it at those numbers

Spyder Garage

That is about the best deal that you will get because the Rykers are new and in demand, go for it, only suggestion ..... the Ryker Rally has about $2,000.00 of options and only $1,000.00 more

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I can sell you any Ryker for MSR + $125.00 (no additional fees or charges) we have locations in Arkansas & Texas (taxes and lic are separate and paid to your home state)

Joe Plouch

501 580-5595
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffbear21 View Post
    That looks reasonable.
    But if and only IF that $9,999 actually appears on a BRP sticker as the MSRP.......and not on some locally produced form where they put down whatever numbers they want.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    That looks reasonable.
    But if and only IF that $9,999 actually appears on a BRP sticker as the MSRP.......and not on some locally produced form where they put down whatever numbers they want.
    $9,999 is MSRP on a 900 Ryker

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    $9,999 is MSRP on a 900 Ryker

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffbear21 View Post
    Hi folks! I'm a long time lurker here and finally in the situation where I can afford a ride. I received the following quote from my local dealer. I noticed there is no set up fee and I think I may be able to get the Doc Fee reduced. My question is....How does this look for a deal on the Ryker 900? Is there any wiggle room in the MSRP?

Doc fee: $199
    Sales tax : $637.38
    Registration fee's : $100
    Grand total of $ 10,935.38
    Looks like a winner to me.

Spyder Garage

I say keep shopping but I like my money!! Not sure how the Ryker market is where you are but my Rally was less than MSRP after all said and done.

Happy shopping!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKRyker View Post
    I say keep shopping but I like my money!! Not sure how the Ryker market is where you are but my Rally was less than MSRP after all said and done.

Happy shopping!
    But what was the OTD price? THAT is all that matters.

Spyder Garage

New Rally with 1 mile on it.

Spyder Garage

I don't know why people are so hung up on OTD pricing. OTD pricing is going to vary widely state to state. What does matter is the price of the Ryker, accessories, and dealer fee's. For example my OTD price is going to be different if I buy in MO instead of KS because I'm a KS resident. I don't pay sales tax if I buy in MO, but I do pay sales tax when I register if I buy in MO. If I buy in Kansas I pay sales tax at the dealer. So OTD pricing doesn't mean anything. You need to look at your bill of sale for breakdown of everything.

Spyder Garage

Ill suggest the extended warranty... just saying...

Spyder Garage

I don't know why people are so hung up on OTD pricing. OTD pricing is going to vary widely state to state. What does matter is the price of the Ryker, accessories, and dealer fee's. For example my OTD price is going to be different if I buy in MO instead of KS because I'm a KS resident. I don't pay sales tax if I buy in MO, but I do pay sales tax when I register if I buy in MO. If I buy in Kansas I pay sales tax at the dealer. So OTD pricing doesn't mean anything. You need to look at your bill of sale for breakdown of everything.
    OTD pricing is important IMO. That final check amount is what you end up paying--after all the dickering is done. You win on some...you lose on some...but it is still going to cost you X for the OTD price. That is the price that makes it comparable between dealers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    OTD pricing is important IMO. That final check amount is what you end up paying--after all the dickering is done. You win on some...you lose on some...but it is still going to cost you X for the OTD price. That is the price that makes it comparable between dealers.
    That doesn't make any sense. If you look at my explanation then OTD pricing means absolutely nothing. If I went and bought a Ryker Rally in MO at MSRP and added nothing it would be $10,999. If I bought the same Ryker in KS at MSRP where I'm a resident then it would be $10,999 plus sales tax because I live in KS. So in your theory MO would be the better place to buy, right? Wrong, because if I buy in MO and then when I go to register it in Kansas I then pay Kansas sales tax. It may be different in other states but I doubt it. You always pay sales tax to the state in which you reside. Now if you stay in the same state and compare 2 different dealers then yes, OTD pricing may prevail. But in the end, if you cant look at the bill of sale and tell where you are getting screwed then God help you.

Spyder Garage

That doesn't make any sense. If you look at my explanation then OTD pricing means absolutely nothing. If I went and bought a Ryker Rally in MO at MSRP and added nothing it would be $10,999. If I bought the same Ryker in KS at MSRP where I'm a resident then it would be $10,999 plus sales tax because I live in KS. So in your theory MO would be the better place to buy, right? Wrong, because if I buy in MO and then when I go to register it in Kansas I then pay Kansas sales tax. It may be different in other states but I doubt it. You always pay sales tax to the state in which you reside. Now if you stay in the same state and compare 2 different dealers then yes, OTD pricing may prevail. But in the end, if you cant look at the bill of sale and tell where you are getting screwed then God help you.
    I will just say...that we respectfully disagree. Not worth arguing over. PS. OTD stands for Out the Door price...the final amount you end of paying for vehicle before they add local taxes and doc fees.

License, tax, insurance should not be included in the above. That will vary from state to state.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-04-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

MY definition of OTD is the amount that you pay the dealer Minus any state tax, lic fees, insurance, (because they vary from state to state.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    MY definition of OTD is the amount that you pay the dealer Minus any state tax, lic fees, insurance, (because they vary from state to state.

Cruzr Joe
    That works. For comparison purposes....just use the same formula for all other deals.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I suppose I have failed to get my point across, but that's OK.