Spyder Garage

Default Dual usb plug in blank spot for stereo hookup?

A buddy of mine has a 2018 Rt limited. We were talking about this last night and thought I’d ask. I’d consider doing the same thing too if possible. Is there a way to put the auxiliary 2 usb plug in the blank center spot under the steering column but integrate it into the radio speaker system? The one in the trunk if an ipod or phone is connected into it you can skip songs, playlist etc and hear the music out of the RT speakers themselves. I wouldn’t mind having my phone upfront on the steering column but want to be a let to use the speaker system. The only way I can think is to get a USB splitter and run a new line to the front so one is in the trunk and one in the back. Is there a way to splice that so that the new plugs in the center will also run into the speakers or can they only be for power only?

Spyder Garage

Not sure what you are trying to do for sure.

If you want to play audio from your phone to a 2018 dash. You do not have to plug it in at all. Just BT pair it and start the music app from the phone. From then on you can skip, pause or repeat songs right from handlebar controls. If you have your helmet BT communicator paired to the dash as well. Then the phone functions all work as well from the handlebar controls.

Putting the phone on the handlebars, with BRP Connect installed and plugged into the dash. The screen will be locked out. So it is of no use to you anyway while plugged in.

If you don't want to use BRP Connect app. But want the phone close so you can use it for gps, etc. Then plug it into a separate usb power plug like you suggest. To keep it charged up. BT connected to the dash for audio and phone. That's what I do.

I don't see any benefit trying to rewire a usb plug. Not trying to talk you out of it. Just my opinion.

2018 F3 LIMITED