Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Wheelchair brackets

Hey guys and gals,

I’ve been interested in the Spyder ever since its release 3 years ago and am finally in a position to make a purchase. The only obstacle that I’m trying to overcome is deciding what type of bracket or platform I should use for my rigid wheelchair. I noticed a few types that sit directly behind the rider and another that mounts on the side but the side mount looks like its designed for a folding wheelchair. If anyone has any pictures or feedback of their setup I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
    James

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

im working on a bracket, half of the rigid on one side and the wheels on the other side. I dont want to cover the passenger seat for obvious reasons.. Will post when completed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Completed?

Hi. Wondered if your wheelchair is going with
    You? Thank you

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canchess View Post
    Hi. Wondered if your wheelchair is going with
    You? Thank you
    yes last year, look at my album.
    Also look at a user here racketdave, setho for ideas on how you want your chair on the bike.

i use a rigid, only reason i dont have racketdaves setup is because i wanted the givi trunk, and his rack is not usable with that.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The Rackiton.com wheelchair rack works awesome for me! If you need more storage, look into a smuggler trunk from Corbin or BRP Saddlebags. Most of the time though, I just use the trunk.

Brian
    Wilmington, NC

Spyder Garage

I just finished the aluminum version of mine that I had at spyderfest, this one is 1/3 or less weight of my wood setup and way more stable, I have to beat the **** out of it before I can sell it. I have had it up to 120mph on the speedo and it holds great, unfortunately it is going to cost a little over 500 bones to sell. Mine can be a wheelchair bracket or a huge storage setup that goes over the back seat. I have a rigid frame quickie GT and I have a t8 sci (can't feel below chest) and I have not trouble going whereever I need to by myself.

They are called STD racks, "We stick with you"
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I like David's idea and he is a cool person to talk to. The prices is up there but there is no prices on satisfaction and safety so check out the site the video is really cool. Saving up now to get one of his racks right now.

http://www.rackiton.com/index.html
    Last edited by HotWheels; 05-19-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    I just finished the aluminum version of mine that I had at spyderfest, this one is 1/3 or less weight of my wood setup and way more stable, I have to beat the **** out of it before I can sell it. I have had it up to 120mph on the speedo and it holds great, unfortunately it is going to cost a little over 500 bones to sell. Mine can be a wheelchair bracket or a huge storage setup that goes over the back seat. I have a rigid frame quickie GT and I have a t8 sci (can't feel below chest) and I have not trouble going whereever I need to by myself.

They are called STD racks, "We stick with you"
    LMAO std racks, like a skid mark... they pop up every now and than