Spyder Garage

Default What roadside service ?

I presently have GoodSams RV assistance, but in using it with one of our household vehicles it took them over 6 hours to get a tow truck to the vehicle. Not sure I want to renew with them.

With that said what are you guys using for Roadside Assistance. Heading out for a 10,000 mile journey in mid may and want to have something in place for that trip.

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

I have had AAA Plus for a number of years and would not be without it. I have used it a number of times for my Truck when traveling as a construction superintendent all over the US. We have used it a couple of time with our Spyders. It gives me peace of mind, some times it takes awhile to get service but it's better than NO service.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I have AAA plus RV. Used many times. Longest wait was maybe 1 hour. Wouldn't be without it.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Current experience as of Sat 4/27/2019. I hit a pot hole just between Price and Wellington Ut. I called Allstate Auto club. After an hour they finally told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Called AMA roadside service. After an hour they told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Now Price /Wellington is not really that much into the boonies. It is a major coal mining center and energy production area. Good sized population major community collage etc but no tow service. I called my wife and 2 hours later I had a tow. she and my BIL came and got me. So be ready to depend on yourself if feasible. I have used AMA several times before and this is the first time they have ever let me down. They are part of the membership so I will keep them. Allstate has a good reputation but they are expensive so I will probably drop them and look into AAA or Good Sam.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Current experience as of Sat 4/27/2019. I hit a pot hole just between Price and Wellington Ut. I called Allstate Auto club. After an hour they finally told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Called AMA roadside service. After an hour they told me they couldn't find a tow service willing to come pick me up. Now Price /Wellington is not really that much into the boonies. It is a major coal mining center and energy production area. Good sized population major community collage etc but no tow service. I called my wife and 2 hours later I had a tow. she and my BIL came and got me. So be ready to depend on yourself if feasible. I have used AMA several times before and this is the first time they have ever let me down. They are part of the membership so I will keep them. Allstate has a good reputation but they are expensive so I will probably drop them and look into AAA or Good Sam.
    We use the AARP motorcycle roadside assistance plan. Its actually Allstate with a hefty discount. Have used them twice and both times very pleased with the service and how they took care of the bike and communication. Once was a roll back wrecker and once was a guy in a pickup with a trailer and winch. Turns out his wrecker was being used elsewhere so he came in his personal truck and trailer but did a great job.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default I'm in....

Add me to the AAA Plus group. Have had them since I came to the US for good back in 84. Never had a problem and the plus gives you you that extra including up to 100 miles free. But then there are a lot of companies out there.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

We have AAA+ Gold and have used them twice for the Spyder. They did a great job both times. My dealer is 100 miles from my home so the 100 mile free tow works out great!
    One time when I got the DESS problem 167 miles from home we called AAA to see about adding the platinum plan that will tow you 200 miles for free. Thy told us no problem doing that for $30 more for the year, and it would be good for this tow. Thankfully we were able to get it running so a tow was not needed. We did not add the platinum plan at this time, but good to know if ever needed.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

AAA+ here also. I've not had to use it for the Spyder... yet (knock on wood) but did for my Electra Glide; they sent a flatbed and did a good job.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

. . . . .

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
    AAA+ here also. I've not had to use it for the Spyder... yet (knock on wood) but did for my Electra Glide; they sent a flatbed and did a good job.
    AAA+ Gold for me. I have been a member for 35+ years! I lived in California for 31 years, and had 4-5 Vehicles and several motorcycles at the same time, and they picked me up many times. In Virginia, I used them once for my 2012 Spyder, once for my 2016 Spyder, once for my Harley, and twice for my SUV. Always professional service, and over the phone, they are real Pros, and trained to unstress you, and get a tow truck to you ASAP, plus they keep checking until the Tow Truck arrives. I have always had both my self and wife covered.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I used BRP warantee service. I did need a flatbed as I had a trailer on my RTL. It was a Sunday and the first guy canceled and it took awhile to get a replacement. Check your mileage coverage, as BRP only carried the first 100 miles, so only half of my bill was covered.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It doesn't matter which 'service' you use/pay for. None of them have dedicated service providers. What does matter to the service providers (i.e. tow trucks) is how much and how quickly the insurance company pays them.

You should call a local service provider and ask THEM which insurance plan they prioritize.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

AAA has never failed me over 30+ years, and response is usually an hour or less.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

I thank you all for the responses and info. Think I know what direction I am headed., probably the AARP Roadhelp which I have had in the past

Willie
    The Future is Not Today (Motorcycle Blog) http://nomadwillie.blogspot.com/ IBA 32847
    2015 RT-S
    2015 RT-S , White

Spyder Garage

Nobody mentioned AMA? was looking at Good Sam at first then, found out they would not tow my 622 at same time
    AMA would & covers other people in my household few other perks as well
    http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...RoC23cQAvD_BwE

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Nobody mentioned AMA? was looking at Good Sam at first then, found out they would not tow my 622 at same time
    AMA would & covers other people in my household few other perks as well
    http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...RoC23cQAvD_BwE
    They have a 35 mile tow restriction before you are on the hook for the rest. I guess it is better than nothing at that price but for those actually traveling outside of their home area, there are better options...

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic