Spyder Garage

Default Senzar Motocycle Sensor for blind spot

Senzar has developed a radar-based blind spot monitoring device for motorcycles. Using LEDs mounted on the mirrors and a vibration mat for the seat, the device warns when cars are in the blind spot.
    Should cost regularly around $800, at the moment a promotional prices of $399: https://meetsenzar.com/pages/senzar-m1-motorcycle-bsm

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Pricy even on sale. Kinda like a electronic dog fence... well less the Will have to rely on the old fashion method.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Adjust mirrors to see down the adjacent lanes. It works and its free!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I agree with Ricz, though I applaud anyone who is think of and working on ways to make riding safer.

Spyder Garage

I put ******* wide view mirrors on both of our F3's. Works great and for far less then the price of this unit.

I see that it's a supplier not to be mentioned
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Shoulder checks are a habit I hope to never lose. Always like things that make us safer but I think this is very pricy for an unnecessary accessory that can provide a false sense of security..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The old guys call it the "Messerschmitt Shuffle." A term brought home by WW II fighter pilots from the European theater. You never made a turn without looking over your shoulder because you just might turn into the gun sight of a Messerschmitt waiting will kill you. Same goes for becoming an old motorcycle rider. Motorcycle safety 101 requires you to always look over shoulder prior to making a turning movement, whether in a parking lot or on the freeway. If you can't do that you shouldn't be out there on two, three or even four wheels. You would be a danger not only to yourself but others also. If I offended someone here, so be it, but it's just the way the real world is out there.

Spyder Garage

I like my $3.95 solution better. Two convex blind-spot mirrors and strong habit of looking over the shoulder.

This graphic tells the story; I have these on bikes and on the Spyder. Straight line vision, peripheral vision, main mirrors and the convex mirrors combine to give 360° of vision. No need to spend $800 on something that can fail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2 things, 1 safety can't really be considered expensive & 2, cub the manufacturer is a leader in tpms manufacturing so i would expect good things
    from their sensor.

Spyder Garage

CruisinTX....Why do you, or anyone for that matter, need 2 rear view mirrors? Why not simply adjust the mirrors outward to see down the adjacent lanes, so you can make evasive maneuvers rapidly? No need to stick anything on the mirrors then.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    CruisinTX....Why do you, or anyone for that matter, need 2 rear view mirrors? Why not simply adjust the mirrors outward to see down the adjacent lanes, so you can make evasive maneuvers rapidly? No need to stick anything on the mirrors then.
    well, if you notice, the blind-spot mirrors are in a location where you typically see only your own torso when the main mirrors are adjusted for the crossing effect I've illustrated. If you adjust the main mirrors so there is no or almost no blind-spot, you lose that crossing effect. The way I have mine, I never lose sight of oncoming vehicles. Also, evasive maneuvers are not always needed, but it is still nice to have 360° of vision. In my configuration, I can see things coming a long way off no matter where they are in the lanes of traffic. Then as they get closer, I never lose sight of them because they appear in my peripheral vision before they disappear from the blind-spot mirrors. Even with all that, I've ridden for so long using a turn of the head, I still do that too-just to be sure. I figure with over 450K miles on bikes since 1968 and only one accident, I must be doing something right.

Spyder Garage

Have you ever tried my method? I can see behind me just fine, but in addition, I can see what's happening in the lanes next to me. Apparently you never drove a truck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Have you ever tried my method? I can see behind me just fine, but in addition, I can see what's happening in the lanes next to me. Apparently you never drove a truck.
    why are you having such a problem with my methods? You do what's comfortable for you and I will do what's comfortable for me. I've done it for over 450K miles.

and just for the record I have driven trucks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2019 at 03:42 AM. Reason: MOD EDIT - removing unacceptable personal attacks/responses

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    2 things, 1 safety can't really be considered expensive & 2, cub the manufacturer is a leader in tpms manufacturing so i would expect good things
    from their sensor.
    I'm not knocking the mfg or quality of their product. I don't know anything about them. Just saying that there is no substitute for defensive and aware riding. I would never rely on anything but my own two eyes to check my blind spots. Seems to me that if I am riding as I should, I will be aware of traffic in my blind spot. To have an electric gizmo tell me what I already know is unnecessary. Rely on it if you like but it's not for me..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    why are you having such a problem with my methods? You do what's comfortable for you and I will do what's comfortable for me. I've done it for over 450K miles.

and just for the record I have driven trucks
    I was just concerned about your safety. No offense or arrogance and intended. Sorry you interpreted it that way. My apologies.
    I'm post up in a hospital and I think the drugs made me choose my words poorly.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-03-2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: MOD EDIT - removing quoted unacceptable personal attacks/response.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    well, if you notice, the blind-spot mirrors are in a location where you typically see only your own torso when the main mirrors are adjusted for the crossing effect I've illustrated. If you adjust the main mirrors so there is no or almost no blind-spot, you lose that crossing effect. The way I have mine, I never lose sight of oncoming vehicles. Also, evasive maneuvers are not always needed, but it is still nice to have 360° of vision. In my configuration, I can see things coming a long way off no matter where they are in the lanes of traffic. Then as they get closer, I never lose sight of them because they appear in my peripheral vision before they disappear from the blind-spot mirrors. Even with all that, I've ridden for so long using a turn of the head, I still do that too-just to be sure. I figure with over 450K miles on bikes since 1968 and only one accident, I must be doing something right.
    I feel 1 accident on a bike is all it takes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I feel 1 accident on a bike is all it takes.
    unbelievable; I have added a couple of--- I had more but none of this negativity about me is worth responding to

Spyder Garage

I love the blind spot indicators in my car. Looking forward to them on bikes; not because I don’t turn my head...I do. I will take all the driver aids I can get! Traction control, abs, cruise control. I could go on, but any thing that helps me stay safer is good. JMHO, Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system