Wife [pillion] & myself went on our first club ride last saturday on our 2017 RT. After some debate the usual leader didn't want to, so I elected to lead. Quite a slow bunch of riders [although heaps of corners ]& we were slowing to snail pace a lot waiting for them to catch up. Most of the time we were on the speed limit. I don't use the brakes until it's really necessary on roads/corners i know well. I just let the tyres wash off speed in a lot of corners, something I've always done since my racing days. I felt the nanny a few times letting me know she was there, but that's nothing unusual. I've always though the seat detection switch was sensitive. We were really enjoying the ride until half way through a sharp blind corner on a road I know very well & braked accordingly before the corner, the rear wheel locks up & sends us sliding sideways for a few metres & stopping just short of a embankment on our side of the road. I headbutted the steering shattering my visor, & my wife was almost thrown off. Two spyders following managed to swerve around us. I quickly reversed & put a little distance between us & the following riders & pulled over to check out ourselves & the bike. All good, especially my wife although somewhat very confused & frightened. I waved the following riders through & continued on to our destination albeit at very reduced speed. We spoke via our intercoms, my wife & myself wondering what the hell that was all about. I really couldn't workout why the nanny locked up the rear wheel.
I really need an answer as my wife as well as myself are a little hesitant going for another ride on this bike. Does anyone know why the nanny [ If it was the nanny ] locked up the rear wheel. As i have said previously, I did everything correctly leading up to this corner, & should have had no input from the electronics. I have since immobilised the passenger detection switch.
Appreciate all input... Treva.