Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
    However, you can also interface the Garmin 590 via Bluetooth to the bike.
    I could not get the Spyder Bluetooth to recognize the Garmin 590 so that won't work.
    2022 RT-L , Carbon Black - Chrome Trim

Spyder Garage

To solve this problem I have decided just to use a helmet headset instead of the speakers in the bike. Disappointing that I need to spend more money to do something that should work on the bike. Anyway, I'm looking at the Cardo Freecom 2 Plus. Does anyone have experience linking the Spyder as well as the Garmin 590 with this headset? Other headset suggestions welcome, also.

Spyder Garage

OK. Just had an issue with the VOLUME of my Garmin Zumo 590 through my Sena 20s. As I messed with my 20s, I found (on YouTube) how to pair my Moto G6 phone first, then the Zumo as a second "Audio Device". So I contacted Sena through the "chat" and the following is what I got ......

Chat started
    Kevin joined the chat
    Kevin
    Hello, I am Kevin, how can I be of assistance for you today?

David
    Sena 20s, Motorola Moto G6 and Garmin Zumo 590. I got the phone and the Zumo paired to the 20s just fine, HOWEVER, when the Zumo talks to the 20s, it's at FULL VOLUME! Even after I turn it down, it BLASTS back in at the next instruction. How do I set/control the start-up volumes on both the G6 and the Zumo?

Kevin
    That should have resolved it. Since each feature has an independent volume control, if you lower down the volume by rotating the jog wheel counterclockwise while the instructions are on that should lessen the volume of the GPS.
    Same goes for your phone when there is an incoming phone call you can rotate the wheel to adjust its volume.
    Did you try to lower down the volume on the unit itself?

David
    Well, ... It does NOT. Each time the Garmin speaks it BLASTS ME> There is NO seperate volume on the Garmin as it is designed for motorcycles and is controlled by the 20s.
    Is ther a way to set a pre-adjusted volume on the 20s?

Kevin
    I`m sorry but we have none, did you already update the firmware or perform any resets?

David
    Most current on ALL devices.

Kevin
    Thank you, then I guess there would be no other option left but to reset it. Have you performed any?

David
    will try it later this evening ... Thanks ... Bye!

OK Then, I will have to look into this further. I had found out, as stated earlier in this post, that the Garmin Zumo 590 must be wired to OR bluetooth-ed (?) to a speaker of some sort. You cannot adjust the volume on the Zumo itself. It, somehow, must be adjusted through your phone (?) or somehow on the Sena, which their expert claimed he has no solution. I'll look further into this and post back, hopefully by this weekend.
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    2015 Circuit Yellow Spyder RT Limited
    2010 Velocity Yellow Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired
    NRA Instructor & N.C. CCW Instructor
    Never mind Area51. Worry about the other 50, or more!
    2015 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

OK. Just had an issue with the VOLUME of my Garmin Zumo 590 through my Sena 20s. As I messed with my 20s, I found (on YouTube) how to pair my Moto G6 phone first, then the Zumo as a second "Audio Device". So I contacted Sena through the "chat" and the following is what I got ......

Chat started
    Kevin joined the chat
    Kevin
    Hello, I am Kevin, how can I be of assistance for you today?

David
    Sena 20s, Motorola Moto G6 and Garmin Zumo 590. I got the phone and the Zumo paired to the 20s just fine, HOWEVER, when the Zumo talks to the 20s, it's at FULL VOLUME! Even after I turn it down, it BLASTS back in at the next instruction. How do I set/control the start-up volumes on both the G6 and the Zumo?

Kevin
    That should have resolved it. Since each feature has an independent volume control, if you lower down the volume by rotating the jog wheel counterclockwise while the instructions are on that should lessen the volume of the GPS.
    Same goes for your phone when there is an incoming phone call you can rotate the wheel to adjust its volume.
    Did you try to lower down the volume on the unit itself?

David
    Well, ... It does NOT. Each time the Garmin speaks it BLASTS ME> There is NO seperate volume on the Garmin as it is designed for motorcycles and is controlled by the 20s.
    Is ther a way to set a pre-adjusted volume on the 20s?

Kevin
    I`m sorry but we have none, did you already update the firmware or perform any resets?

David
    Most current on ALL devices.

Kevin
    Thank you, then I guess there would be no other option left but to reset it. Have you performed any?

David
    will try it later this evening ... Thanks ... Bye!

OK Then, I will have to look into this further. I had found out, as stated earlier in this post, that the Garmin Zumo 590 must be wired to OR bluetooth-ed (?) to a speaker of some sort. You cannot adjust the volume on the Zumo itself. It, somehow, must be adjusted through your phone (?) or somehow on the Sena, which their expert claimed he has no solution. I'll look further into this and post back, hopefully by this weekend.
    There is no need to shout at us. A normal font size will work just fine.

The Sena rep is correct and you are not doing it right or don't understand. Each device paired to your headset has its own volume level and can adjusted using the jog/dial on the headset. During the voice prompt from the gps adjust the volume to the level you want. Not before or after the prompt, but during the prompt. May need to adjust several times.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to differentiate my conversation with Sena from this forum. THIS IS SHOUTING. Let us not diverse ... On the Garmin Zumo 590, if you touch the "Volume" from the main screen, then touch the wrench (spanner) in the upper left corner, I reduced the "Navigation" volume to 20% and that seems to have done it. I tried switching everything off and back on again and it seems to work.
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Just wanted to differentiate my conversation with Sena from this forum. THIS IS SHOUTING. Let us not diverse ... On the Garmin Zumo 590, if you touch the "Volume" from the main screen, then touch the wrench (spanner) in the upper left corner, I reduced the "Navigation" volume to 20% and that seems to have done it. I tried switching everything off and back on again and it seems to work.
    I am not sure you understand based on your answer. When listening to audio from your phone. Adjust the level of volume on your Sena, using the Sena volume control. Until you like it. When listening to audio from your gps. Adjust the volume on your Sena, using the Sena volume control. Until you like it. Your Sena will remember the different volumes for the different devices.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks Billybovine, I'll give that a try
    Hey, I've only owned a Spyder since last Friday and only just started playing with the Zumo.
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired

Spyder Garage

I connected the Cardo Freecom 2 Plus today. Here is how I am using it for now: Bluetooth from my phone to the Spyder, then Spyder and Garmin 590 to the Cardo headset. I can listen to FM from the Spyder, music and podcasts from my phone, controlled through the Spyder dash, and navigation prompts from the Garmin that reduce the volume of the music when the nav prompt cuts in. I don't plan on answering calls/talking on my phone while riding so that setup works for me.

Navigation volume did come through at full blast at first but you use the headset to lower the volume while the nav is prompting and it remembers that level as billybovine mentioned.

Spyder Garage

Yep. Found that works, but, didn't seem so when it first blasted me. I think what I had found, in my previous reply, was a way to "limit" the volume from the Zumo. So, If I turn the volume on my Sena to full volume when the Zumo speaks, I can then go into the Zumo "Navigation" volume setting and limit its output to the Sena so that it won't blast me.
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired