Thread: Loving my 600.

Spyder Garage

Default Loving my 600.

I am loving my 600 Ace Ryker. I have put on 1300. miles with no hitches, or complaints. I have tackled some wild curve and hills, on Rt. 9, from Lisbon Oh to Carrollton, Oh and on Rt. 43 to Wintersville, Oh. The ride of your life! The right front wheel lifted of the ground a couple of time, which had the pulse pounding. I'm 74 and having a blast on my Ryker and I don't need the 900 or the Rally to get'er done.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear...

Glad your enjoying the Ryde. You've got enough miles of smiles under your belt to be a pro. it only gets better...enjoy
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yes I agree my 600 has about 600 mi on it and has been nothing but a blast. Also I'm 66 and I don't need the speed or off pavement excitement the other 2 Ryker offers, maybe if I was younger I would but for now I'm just having fun. farmer 54(frank)

Spyder Garage

I love my Ryker 600! I've had it since December and have over 2800 miles on it. I have had one part fail, but it was replaced under warranty, no problem (the Yaw Sensor went bad). I also have noticed that even though the dealership has performed an alignment, the wear on the 2 front tires is severely biased toe out and the tread on the inside of both tires is almost gone at this time (have to find a Rolo Laser Alignment shop!) .

Francis

Ryker.jpg
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

Great reviews.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Agreed!, the 600 Ryker is plenty fast and has more than enough power on tap to satisfy anyone for day to day road duties

I demo'd this 600 last month at the Ocala Fla. Can-Am dealer (this dealership also sells yamaguchi, etc.). Prior to setting up this demo a few days before, they had a 900 for me to ride except when I showed up, the 900 was sold the day before. That said, a week later they had two 900 rally's for me to ride, and I rode one of the two. For sure, the 900 has way more power but all in all, I don't see how anyone could find the 600 anemic, it isn't. I'd have no problem buying the 600

I'm sorta in the market for a Ryker. Current motorbike is a 92' BMW R100GSPD. The reason I'm looking to get into a Ryker, a year ago February I had a total robotic knee replacement and my follow up,therapy didn't go very well. I'm lacking range of motion (left knee) which makes it hard for me to toe shift the tranny on the R100GSPD. What I end up doing to shift gears is to use the heel of my boot in front of the shifter. It's awkward yet doable (((BUT))), the Ryker is so much more comfortable to ride with the feet forward ergonomics

I'm no stranger to CVT trannies. I aso own and ride a 2013 Vespa 300cc GTS that utilizes a CVT transmission, & there's been other CVT scooters I've owned in the past, starting with an 85' 250cc Honda Elite motorscooter I bought new that year
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Geo333 View Post
    I am loving my 600 Ace Ryker. I have put on 1300. miles with no hitches, or complaints. I have tackled some wild curve and hills, on Rt. 9, from Lisbon Oh to Carrollton, Oh and on Rt. 43 to Wintersville, Oh. The ride of your life! The right front wheel lifted of the ground a couple of time, which had the pulse pounding. I'm 74 and having a blast on my Ryker and I don't need the 900 or the Rally to get'er done.
    Hey Geo333, we are neighbors. I’m just west of Alliance and have ridden down your way a lot. I’m pretty old and have been ryding nearly all my life. Now a days I like to explore mostly secondary roads and enjoy the scenery. Maybe we will cross paths in the future. cueman

Spyder Garage

My 600 has close to 600 miles on it and no issues whatsoever.

Enjoying every mile!

Spyder Garage

Hey cueman. Sounds like you are enjoying your RYKER, like I have been doing. I have clocked 2500 mi. and looking for more. Maybe we can get together and do some riding. geo

Spyder Garage

This goes out to you Cueman: I live in McDonald, Oh and am riding with the Mahoning Valley Spyder Ryders Club. We have a blast and go on many rides, together, also enjoy dinners together every week. Check us out on face book. geo333

Spyder Garage

After 3500 mi I am still loving my Ryker, and riding with a smile on my face. I am so glad that i pulled the trigger on this one. Geo333.

Spyder Garage

Back again. Going on 5,200 mi and loving it. No issues. I am waiting to have a new windshield, from F4 customs completed. I will give an opinion on it, after some miles with it on.

Spyder Garage

I just went over 6000 miles on my Rally. The only issue was leaking oil in the rear wheel and the dealership gave me a new drive shaft. It is a lot of fun to ride!

Spyder Garage

F4 Customs did a bang up job making the Ryker windshield. I could not be more satisfied. Over 6,000 miles and humming beautifully.

Spyder Garage

is the 600 freeway comfy? curious, and always willing to save a buck....and even if I get a Ryker, my RS-S is a damned rocket now, I am NEVER selling that trike.... and I cant wait for the Monster tune to get back.....Anyway, I am looking at the Ryker (preferably the 600, and I just wanted to know how it handles 70 to 75 mph?

Thanks.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey geo333, I don’t know how I missed reading these posts, but I just stumbled on to them now. I’ll check y’all out on fb tomorrow and see what’s going on. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by shakin_jake View Post
    Agreed!, the 600 Ryker is plenty fast and has more than enough power on tap to satisfy anyone for day to day road duties

I demo'd this 600 last month at the Ocala Fla. Can-Am dealer (this dealership also sells yamaguchi, etc.). Prior to setting up this demo a few days before, they had a 900 for me to ride except when I showed up, the 900 was sold the day before. That said, a week later they had two 900 rally's for me to ride, and I rode one of the two. For sure, the 900 has way more power but all in all, I don't see how anyone could find the 600 anemic, it isn't. I'd have no problem buying the 600

I'm sorta in the market for a Ryker. Current motorbike is a 92' BMW R100GSPD. The reason I'm looking to get into a Ryker, a year ago February I had a total robotic knee replacement and my follow up,therapy didn't go very well. I'm lacking range of motion (left knee) which makes it hard for me to toe shift the tranny on the R100GSPD. What I end up doing to shift gears is to use the heel of my boot in front of the shifter. It's awkward yet doable (((BUT))), the Ryker is so much more comfortable to ride with the feet forward ergonomics

I'm no stranger to CVT trannies. I aso own and ride a 2013 Vespa 300cc GTS that utilizes a CVT transmission, & there's been other CVT scooters I've owned in the past, starting with an 85' 250cc Honda Elite motorscooter I bought new that year
    Hey, I purchased my Ryker Rally at the dealer in Ocala, Fl. I had to go all the way to Eustis to test ride a Ryker, as the dealer in Ocala only had one (sold) in the show room. They were selling as fast as they got them in and put them together. As a matter of fact, the day I went in to pick mine up, someone had just stolen a Spyder off the lot and law enforcement was taking a report.

Spyder Garage

Update on my 600 - running great - 2500 miles - have had 2 problems both covered under warranty - Yaw sensor and had to replace wiring harness.

Love the way she rydes!