Spyder Garage

Default This may be of interest to those on the "First Coast"

I am happy to report that I purchased a Ryker 600 on Saturday and drove it down from Georgia.

I wish to thank everyone who was so very helpful on this Forum when I asked for information a couple of weeks ago re "Pricing" in a previous thread.

I finally found a dealer about 35 miles away in Kingsland Ga. - Kings Bay Powersports. This dealership is new to Can Am (about 6 months) but have been a Honda dealer plus other brands for about 18 years.

They were very helpful and quoted me a pretty fair price from the outset. I paid $9,689 out the door (including Fl sales tax, tags, reg, docs and there was a set up fee of $400 in there) plus I paid $200 more for the silver panels. When I went to visit them I was impressed with the showroom, inventory and caliber of the staff - time, will of course tell! They are a smaller (family owned I think) dealership and I probably could have haggled a bit more a saved a few hundred but if they are true to their word as far as taking care of their customers it will not matter in the long run.

The drive down from Ga. at modest speeds was great and the Ryker handled very well. Even though my previous experience is with 2 wheels I did not have much trouble adapting to the steering although I was not driving through hairpin bends either! Did notice that 50mph on the Ryker felt that I was moving faster than that, which I attribute to being lower to the ground.

I have tried to attach a picture but will not know if is there until after I press submit - if missing I will try again.

Again this forum is most helpful to the Can Am novice that I am!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Oh well it's upside down - hope that's not an omen!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You are supposed to keep the rubber side down. cueman

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good for you! Enjoy it!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

on your 600!

Spyder Garage

You are supposed to get the panels for FREE (I did). If it weren't for the $4200 I got on trade, mine would have been about $25 less than yours from my dealer in Ft. Myers.

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aufgeblassen47 View Post
    You are supposed to get the panels for FREE (I did). If it weren't for the $4200 I got on trade, mine would have been about $25 less than yours from my dealer in Ft. Myers.
    The red, yellow, and black panels are included in price of the Ryker. Other colors are extra $$.
    "IT'S BETTER TO BE SHOT OUT OF A CANNON THAN SQUEEZED OUT OF A TUBE"-Dr. HS Thompson

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your Ryker. Dale

Spyder Garage

Default congratulations....🎉🎉🎉

Nice you found a good deal and even better that the ryde home was along enjoyed experience... it only gets better from here
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CENTAUR View Post
    The red, yellow, and black panels are included in price of the Ryker. Other colors are extra $$.
    It is odd, but the panels not included in the Ryker price, have an "instant rebate" on them, so they still are FREE. Check their website pricing scheme. Maybe they hope you don't ask for your rebate, and they make more money.

At 1st the sales guy said I'd have to pay for my yellow panels. Then I mentioned according to their website, there is no extra charge. Then he said to ask the parts guy, when I meet with him. Sure enough, no charge to the astute buyer!

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on your Ryker, I have done business with this dealership for many years and they are good people to deal with.
    I have not bought any Spyders from them only Hondas but that should not matter as the customer service and treatment
    will be the same. Good choice in rides and dealers.
    Enjoy and ride safe.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

It is odd, but the panels not included in the Ryker price, have an "instant rebate" on them, so they still are FREE. Check their website pricing scheme. Maybe they hope you don't ask for your rebate, and they make more money.

At 1st the sales guy said I'd have to pay for my yellow panels. Then I mentioned according to their website, there is no extra charge. Then he said to ask the parts guy, when I meet with him. Sure enough, no charge to the astute buyer!
    I think you are confused. The only panels that are no charge are black, yellow, and red. If you choose a color that is either $250 or $350 then you get a credit for $100 off of those prices. So silver would be $150 in this case. $250 - $100 = $150. Hey, look at my math skills

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    I think you are confused. The only panels that are no charge are black, yellow, and red. If you choose a color that is either $250 or $350 then you get a credit for $100 off of those prices. So silver would be $150 in this case. $250 - $100 = $150. Hey, look at my math skills
    The absolutely hilarious part is they cost exactly the same to manufacture.

Spyder Garage

The even more funnier thing is that one could just buy the black version and re-paint the thing (or wrap - these are very easy to wrap) to whatever color you want monthly .

Spyder Garage

The absolutely hilarious part is they cost exactly the same to manufacture.
    yes they cost the same to manufacture but the colored pellets do not. They stocked up on 3 colors to make their 3 basic colors using dedicated molding machines for them, and that makes them be able to give you the discount price for them. Then they got limited runs on the colored pellets for all of the other "custom" colors.

It takes time and costs money to switch the molding machines between colors. Between each color run, they have to purge the molding machines of any color remnants and then re-run the molds with the new color.

Spyder Garage

Toby - that's great to hear!

Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrNewt View Post
    The even more funnier thing is that one could just buy the black version and re-paint the thing (or wrap - these are very easy to wrap) to whatever color you want monthly .
    I think I'll add vinyl blue twin stripes to my yellow hood cover. Should look cool.

Spyder Garage

Blue works with yellow... that would look good.
    Just make sure you get the shade right - a light metalic shade will probably work best on that yellow.

In the end is up to your preference .