thanks

Spyder Garage

Boots, gloves and a helmet!
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Mesh jacket and pants when the weather is hot. Textile jacket and pants when the weather turns cooler. Electric jacket liners with thermal layer under the textile pants when below 40 degrees. Full face helmet, boots, and a summer or winter glove depending on temps. ATGATT always. I like Tourmaster products, but there are many great companies out there.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Firstgear is a good brand all around. You can get outfitted for whatever weather you may encounter. Available at many good cycle stores and at least one sponsor on SL.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Jeans, t-shirt, boots and helmet. What else could you possibly need?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    Jeans, t-shirt, boots and helmet. What else could you possibly need?
    Ummm, jacket and gloves? Common now, this is not an HD! ATGATT means exactly that, 'all the gear'.

Spyder Garage

I like First Gear products. I have some that are 30 years old and still look good and are serviceable. I also like Olympia products and Joe Rocket. These are all reputable companies that make good serviceable products. I generally ride with boots jacket(leather or textile) gloves and a helmet. For Helmets I have used HJC, KBC, and Scorpion. I have found that I prefer a modular helmet but used a 3/4 helmet for many years, but had no accidents during that time. I have been down twice in modular helmets and they did their job each time.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    Ummm, jacket and gloves? Common now, this is not an HD! ATGATT means exactly that, 'all the gear'.
    Common for who? I'm a less is more kind of guy. What does HD have to do with it? You mean you have to wear a certain type of gear for a certain kind of bike? Please!

Spyder Garage

If you have a Cycle Gear store near you, go there, you can try on before you buy. Good prices and help.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I buy a lot at pawn shops. Plus you can negotiate on price. (the best part!) Except helmets, those always new.

Spyder Garage

Common for who? I'm a less is more kind of guy. What does HD have to do with it? You mean you have to wear a certain type of gear for a certain kind of bike? Please!
    OOPS, it should have read "Come on now,...." Spell check got me! What does HD have to do with it? HD itself has nothing to do with it; HD riders, on the other hand, TEND to ride with less (doo rags, fingerless gloves, t-shirt and vest, etc.) Now to cut down on the flaming, NOT ALL HD/cruiser rider's are clueless. I saw two Banditos riding on I-35 with full face helmets! And though there is no 'law' that certain bikes require certain gear, it does seem to work that way to a degree. You'll see more Cordura on BMW rider's (and adventure riders) than on HD riders and more leather on HD riders than on adventure riders. I for one don't wear ATGATT on my Vespa but would only be caught dead without it on my FJR. I don't know yet what gear the Ryker will dictate.

Spyder Garage

you know what is said," you don't dress for the ride, you dress for the crash!" Doesn't matter whether I am riding my burgman or my st1300. Everyone has to make their own decision. I choose ATGATT.

Spyder Garage

I choose SOTGSOTT

Spyder Garage

Canam boots, canam leather jacket, canam gloves, kevlar jeans 3/4 helmet. The way i see it if you have kids and wife at home dont put your freedom before them put on protective gear as they will be the one looking after you or worse yet dealing with the loss. Now I know no amount of gear can save your life in a bad accident but at least you have done your part for border line situations

Spyder Garage

Wear what you want, it's that simple. We all know what you should wear, but in the end it's your choice. I choose the minimums, and that's OK, no one else's business.

Spyder Garage

Tunes!!!! Got to have yourself a radio, speakers or earbuds.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    Tunes!!!! Got to have yourself a radio, speakers or earbuds.
    Yes, definitely.

Spyder Garage

I choose SOTGSOTT
    Mine is MOTGATT! When we ride, whatever we ride, we assume some risk. Some are willing to assume more risk than others. If I knew I'd never crash, I'd just wear shorts and a T-shirt with flip flops! I actually knew a guy who rode his 'Wing like that but no t-shirt. Last I heard he had been in re-hab for over a year after a crash. However, with close to 3/4 million miles in 60 years of riding, I've crashed a few times, walked away all but once (plates and screws now). I even hit a deer with a KLR650 but thanks to ATGATT that day, no damage to me. Bike and deer also both survived.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

A lot of good comments on this thread. I use Bohn Armour because I like the versatility, since it goes under any gear I choose to wear. One thing I have not seen listed is a high visibility riding vest. Also bright high viz colors for jackets, etc. I have both mesh and leather gear and a helmet. Several sets of gloves and riding boots. The temperature determines exactly what I wear for the ride.
    I have followed motorcycles, in traffic, after dark and it is easy to loose track of their tail lights in the sea of tail lights of other vehicles. Especially if rider is wearing dark clothing. A high viz vest makes a rider stand out more, in traffic.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

When asked why I ATGATT my response is. "I would rather sweat than bleed". See my avatar for validation.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

depetrick has a very good point, bringing up high viz gear. My helmets are all white and when I know I'll be riding at night and/or on highways, I don my high viz vest with wide reflective strips. Riders should be seen and not hurt, to paraphrase an oldie.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Motoport. Custom fit and it's what a lot of the moto cops wear. I've been wearing their Kevlar jacket and pants for 20 years, yes I wash them. If you ever get a chance to visit their shop have them show you their collection of other brands of crashed jackets and pants. It'll send shivers up your spine.
    https://www.motoport.com/
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

Motoport. Crashed past sept. 60mph asphalt road, slid 150 ft Broken ankle, broken left ulna and broken rt radius. Emergency room was amazed I did not have a scratch anywhere no rash. Motoport jacket and overpants did their job!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Boots, gloves and a helmet!

Your question is too ambiguous for a serious response.
    2014 RTL Platinum