Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    Jeans, t-shirt, boots and helmet. What else could you possibly need?
    don't forget the rain suit. Just in case it rains.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Two cats View Post
    don't forget the rain suit. Just in case it rains.
    Unless you're in the desert....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I don't ride without a helmet, gloves, jacket, and boots.

Also, there are a lot of opinions on what brand is best - here's my take: try on a bunch of stuff and buy what you feel comfortable in. If it's not comfortable, you won't wear it. For me, I love the Alpine Stars gloves and won't buy anything else. Personal preference. Hackers vary for me - I have a Joe rocket, a tourmaster, and an Icon. I have an Icon helmet and a bell helmet. Not a fan of the weight of the hjc, and can't justify dropping a grand in an arai.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My copliot and I have summer and winter riding gear.

Summer - Light colour Mesh Jacket, light colour kevlar chino pants
    Winter - Same colour jacket only a winter model that keeps me warm (Dririder Vortex) and Dririder Textile trousers.
    Same gloves all season
    Schuberth C4 Helmets
    RJays Boots
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    If you have a Cycle Gear store near you, go there, you can try on before you buy. Good prices and help.
    Just don't buy any of their CHEAP BILT store brands!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Trying to decide on a Warm weather riding jacket and gloves

Spyder Garage

Miles42, it is hot and humid here in east Texas so I go for air flow with armor. For a jacket I wear an older model Olympia Dakar jacket. https://olympiamotosports.com/en-US/...-s-neon-yellow
    and Airglide pants https://olympiamotosports.com/en-US/...de-4-30-pewter. The full length zipper on the pants makes it easier to get them on and off over boots. I tried another version of pants with zip-off legs (Dakar I think) and hated them; the zipper was too scratchy on my bare legs underneath. I keep a FrogTogg rain suit in the Frunk in case of rain.

I recently tried a set of Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.1 gloves. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I am happy with them so far.

All of my gear is Hi-Viz. My daughter says I look like a street sign. I tell her that is the point.

When I am commuting I wear an ancient Aerostich Roadcrafter suit because it is easy on easy off over work cloths. It is hot when temps are over 85 but my commute is not long and I can stand it from AC to AC; it is great in the winter.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
    Trying to decide on a Warm weather riding jacket and gloves
    Same here. Revzilla has a lot of great choices. You can also check out the cycle gear website

Spyder Garage

Hi all ref bike suits I have BMW street guard jac/ trousers light weight / waterproof best I have ever had in 60 yrs helmet schurbeth M1 + schurbeth flip up BMW boots / gloves ( can you guess I've had lots of BMW ) most of my gear is over 25 yrs old. Old story you get what you pay for regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

These backpacks are amazing, i had one before my Ryker was delivered. I also bought one for my son makes a huge difference on being able to see the rider. https://www.vata7.com/
    Last edited by dklehman; 06-16-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typo