Spyder Garage

Default Question 2018 Dash

When I turn on the Key and press Mode on the left side of screen its says Loading and stays on flashing loading or about 5 seconds is this normal?

Also what screen do you use when on short trips or just riding around town I have the FM Radio showing. What screen do you use?
    I have the 20.8 Update.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JimboRTS; 04-28-2019 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Spyder Garage

If you change it away from the FM screen the tach also goes away. Haven't played with that enough to see if that's customizable (is that a word?). Get your firmware updated to 20.8, they say it makes the dash functions work better. I'm going in Tuesday to have it done.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

The "loading" screen is normal, but mine doesn't flash. Not sure why yours is flashing. And mine shows "loading" for about 10 - 15 seconds after pushing the "Mode" button instead of your 5 seconds. The Owner's Manual actually says to NOT do stuff like twist the throttle or mess with any other controls on the Spyder until the "loading" screen is finished. It is doing whatever it does to get everything on your Spyder "ready to ride" (but I don't know for sure what all that stuff is). But until it is all done, the digital dash isn't going to display the things you can cycle through and see while riding. If you are in a quiet place like your garage and listen carefully, you can actually hear the Spyder "cycling through" some of the electronic stuff it is doing while the "loading" is showing on the dash (on my Spyder it will "whine" and "click" a few times, but very quietly). Keep in mind, many things on vehicles are "computer controlled" today and they may have to "load" stuff once you turn the key on (like the displays for the Spyder's digital dash, etc).

I usually turn the key on while I'm still standing next to my Spyder (before putting gloves on, etc), then push the "Mode" button, then finish what I'm doing. By the time I climb on the Spyder everything dash-wise is "loaded" and I'm ready to start the engine without worrying about accidentally twisting a throttle or messing with any of the other controls until the "loading" is finished.

When riding, I usually just leave the FM screen showing so I can see the tach RPM's (even though I don't use the FM radio on the Spyder...I Bluetooth my own music to my helmet from my iPhone). I won't use any "display" like a GPS map on the screen because I refuse to use anything "app" that takes my eyes off the road in front of me. I might listen to voice commands/directions through my helmet speakers, but I'm not gonna be looking at any map display while riding the bike.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I need to update my post. Loading on right screen does not flash and Loading light stays on for 15 seconds.

Can you leave the FM screen on, but turn off the radio or do you just mute the sound?

Jim

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    Can you leave the FM screen on, but turn off the radio or do you just mute the sound?
    Section 10, Page 25, Operator's Manual:

Audio Control

"To turn the radio ON, push the JOYSTICK UP. To close the radio, push the JOYSTICK DOWN when the volume is at its lowest setting. When in the home screen, pushing the JOYSTICK UP or DOWN will increase or decrease the audio volume."'
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I turn the ignition on and let is do it's thing. When I see/hear the radio I know I can hit the Connect button on the back of the left switch cluster and it will switch the screen to the Connect apps. You can switch back and forth whenever you want, If I hit the Connect button too soon it tells me its loading and when that is done I push the joystick in to make it switch to the Apps screen. I can get moving anytime I want and it will still do it's thing and I can switch to the apps while moving. For some reason you have to be stopped to get music to play but you can do all kinds of thing in either of the GPS apps while going down the freeway. Weird.

Sometime the volume mutes when it feels like it so if you start playing music from the phone and don't hear anything, make sure that's set.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimboRTS View Post
    I need to update my post. Loading on right screen does not flash and Loading light stays on for 15 seconds.

Jim
    Right screen loading means BRP connect Bluetooth is in process of engaging, usually searching for a Bluetooth connection. Mine does it every time I push the mode button until my tunes kick in from my phone. Loading message disappears and is replaced by song and artist currently playing on my phone, approx. 15 seconds. If you don't have a phone paired to BRP, it will search for a longer amount of time.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue