Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had a little brain fart there with this gimpy mind When I first did my system over a year ago, the only option for us was tapping into the system and eliminating the brake pedal. Then as more riders got involved, the slave cylinder came about. So, I was still in the old frame of mind. As NancysToys stated, it's plenty of power to apply that pedal. I was going to convert back over but didn't want to deal with the mounting brackets and clevis's being fabbed up and the down time to get it installed. I wanted to ride! So, i guess that powerpoint gave you good direction?

Now, how are you putting gas in? I made a filler neck like Jumper did and it works awesome. No more using Jerry Cans to fill up. But now I have to patch my center panel cause I drilled one to many holes dang-it! I can stay on the spyder now to fill up. I can just packup and go now. But with the kind of heat under the tupperware, I dont think this ABS tubing will last long. I need to get something fabbed up out of aluminum.

Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by RoHo View Post
    Wheelz,
    The more I've thought about this the more I think I know why 16mm seems to be working. On this setup, all the master cylinder and slave cylinder I've added is doing is pushing on the original brake mechanism. The original brakes have not been altered and are designed to accomodate all three wheels. All my addition (or I should say the modification originally described by NEXUS and Trikester) is doing is causing the original system to be engaged and does not require a lot of pressure. This seems to make sense to me. Any thoughts from some of our more experienced riders???
    Roho
    Last edited by Wheelz; 07-03-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: corrections

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wheelz,
    I'm just now looking at doing Jumper's mod for a filler neck. I've been looking at flexible stainless steel radiator hose or the silicone radiator hose and not using pvc. There is enough room at the filler on the gas tank to clamp a silicone hose, so you shouldn't have to use the pvc elbow at all. This should allow you to run the hose from the marine filler neck straight to the original tank. When I finish, I'll post pic's.
    Roho

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
    I had a little brain fart there with this gimpy mind When I first did my system over a year ago, the only option for us was tapping into the system and eliminating the brake pedal. Then as more riders got involved, the slave cylinder came about. So, I was still in the old frame of mind. As NancysToys stated, it's plenty of power to apply that pedal. I was going to convert back over but didn't want to deal with the mounting brackets and clevis's being fabbed up and the down time to get it installed. I wanted to ride! So, i guess that powerpoint gave you good direction?

Now, how are you putting gas in? I made a filler neck like Jumper did and it works awesome. No more using Jerry Cans to fill up. But now I have to patch my center panel cause I drilled one to many holes dang-it! I can stay on the spyder now to fill up. I can just packup and go now. But with the kind of heat under the tupperware, I dont think this ABS tubing will last long. I need to get something fabbed up out of aluminum.

Ride safe!