Spyder Garage

Default Battery Panel Screw Size

When I got my 14 RT back from the repair shop, the two screws that hold the battery panel cover in place were missing. I drove the 100 miles back Friday to ask to get the missing screws. TWO parts persons looked through all of their computer parts drawings, asked me 4 times if it was a 13 and I said, 4 times, no a 14. And when the supposedly knowledgeable parts person who has worked the shop for many years asked me if the battery was in the rear, I just walked out. I was not amused. Monday I will go to the local hardware and get a screw to match. My guess it is 10mm about by about 10 mm. Anyone actually know? It would save me some search time. And what is the head design? hex? thumb? To be honest I have forgotten. I mean, I hardly ever saw them so... Thanks.
    '

Spyder Garage

had my cover off 2 months ago, all I can add is torx25/35 for the head. I believe it just screwed into plastic, so its NOT 10mm, more like any other torx 25/35 looking screw
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Torx screw m6 x 12

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Take the side panel off. There is a pushpin and a screw. The screw that holds the battery cover is that same size. It is a torx 30, which is in your toolkit under the seat. Remove screw, go in hardware store. Done.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If your talking about the two screws that go on top of the battery cover, they should be M6X12 torx. According to the hlsm parts diagram, they are number 72 in the body and accessories-front storage w/hood section and the part number is 250000454. Dale