Thread: Is this normal

Spyder Garage

Default Is this normal

The included photo is of what I believe is my 2015 RTL 1330 Air Intake Manifold. You will see arrows pointing to a hole. This photo is taken from the right side of my RT. What I'm trying to find out is if this hole is normal or abnormal (defect). I squirted some brake cleaner in there while it was running to see if the running changed. It did not.

Can someone tell me?

Regards,
    Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It looks like a reinforcing rib has been broken. Here's a pic from when I did my spark plug change. It's not from the same viewpoint as yours but I think you can see the difference. Look at the left side of the pic where you see the same two bolt heads that you show.

recirc hose.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thank you very much for validating that something might be wrong.
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.