Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sticker Shock!

Spyder Garage

Default Sticker Shock!

Tell you what; while the F3-S is a much better ride than my old RSS; the reduction in trunk space was three steps backwards. I'm getting real tired of dragging my helmet with me when I get off to do "whatever". Ssssoooooo I looked up hard bags at BRP----they were over $1400.00USD @ MSRP with my State's sales tax. So I ran a search on the net for F3-S hard bags and discovered Corbins hard bags---BLEEP me!!! They're like $2222.00 at MSRP!!! Guess I'll be carrying my helmet for the forseeable future. Sheesh!!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Isn't there some place on the F3 S you could run a cable loop through? In the 4 1/2 years I've had my Spyder, except for overnights I leave my Neotec on the seat with no problem, no lock. Yeh, there's always a first time...
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Saddle bags have always been pricey, pricey. When I had the GS and RS I put the GIVI version on that was available from BRP. Those were about a grand with the color panels. I preferred the Corbin look...but was also put down by the almost $2K price for them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I second the Lidlox option. It is a clean looking option. Quick and easy to use. I can lock my helmet in mine without even needing to find and use the "T-Bar" thingy that comes with them. Simply by inserting only one of the D-rings of the helmet.....

Let me know if you want pics of anything....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I do agree frunk space was a huge disapointment it doesnt fit my helmet and to my biggest disappointment it doesnt fit a shawarma family platter but at the same time i refuse to pay that kind of money for bags. So usually just tie it to passenger handlebars no one has stole it yet.

Spyder Garage

Another vote here for Lidlox.. I have them on my 2018 F3S and I just ordered a set to install on the wife's new F3S when it is delivered next week. Great product for sure. I have been looking into saddlebags for mine and haven't found an economical option... would be helpful if anyone who has could chime in��
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking.....

"Shad" has some bags more reasonable. I use a cable lock to the grab bar on my RS but as you can see there are many helmet locking systems...
    There is a vendor/sponsor here that has a nice rear trunk set up.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You could go with the Shad bags - https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...r-f3-f3-s.html
    They need these mounting brackets - https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/search.html#q=219400728
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Are you SURE your helmet will not fit in the frunk? Most full face and modular helmets fit the frunk just fine once you know how to place them in. Face shield up, base of helmet toward rear of bike.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Tell you what; while the F3-S is a much better ride than my old RSS; the reduction in trunk space was three steps backwards. I'm getting real tired of dragging my helmet with me when I get off to do "whatever". Ssssoooooo I looked up hard bags at BRP----they were over $1400.00USD @ MSRP with my State's sales tax. So I ran a search on the net for F3-S hard bags and discovered Corbins hard bags---BLEEP me!!! They're like $2222.00 at MSRP!!! Guess I'll be carrying my helmet for the forseeable future. Sheesh!!
    brother at those prices " `ill carry your helmet around for you at 700.oo ( just kidding , that is super small for a trunk , imagine the new riker , ---is there a trunk ? )

Spyder Garage

Flanker, I got the Shad hard bags installed on my husbands F3S, they hold more than the hard bags on my F3T and we also did the lidlocks for when we are doing quick stops.

Spyder Garage

Lidlox work great or I just put my helmet in the Frunk. Place it in like jcthorne said to do. I have a full face with Sena 30k installed and it fits fine.
    2017 F3S Daytona 500 SM6

Low Brow fenders
    Bobber kit
    Fox Podium 1.5 Front shocks
    Fox podium 2.0 Rear Shocks
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for the links! The Shad bags (which I didn't spot when I was on BRP's site the other night) are speaking to me.................... I knew about the Lidlox---MEH!

I always carry several items with me in the trunk while riding---no room left over for a helmet, mine is an Icon Airframe Pro Warbird:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...warbird-helmet

It weren't cheap...........I worked in my State's Prison System for 26 years and have known many thieves ................there's NO WAY I'm leaving it sitting unsecured on the Spyder!

Unless I was over in the bushes with my 10mm to provide "cover" for it. Then I'd likely get arrested for entrapment!

UPDATE: Just ran a search for Shad saddlebags---they're on E Bay for about $50.00 less than in the BRP link. FYI!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

I've seen Shad bags in person, bags are nice but they just seem to stick out alot and when not on the bike you can see the mounts on the bike unlike the original brp bags but than again it could just be me as i like a minimalist look. It's the main reason I did not want F3T.

Spyder Garage

I use bungee cords attached to rear sear backrest. For security I use one of the handgun safety cable & key lock thru the chinstrap buckle to the backrest.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I bought the Can-Am Spyder 2015 F3 F3S Cross Country Detachable Saddlebags on Amazon. They're now down to $950, about $150 less than when I ordered them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    I can lock my helmet in mine without even needing to find and use the "T-Bar" thingy that comes with them. Simply by inserting only one of the D-rings of the helmet.....
    I can "third" the Lidlox, easy to install and secure. I've had them for well over a year, and never considered just locking with the D ring, have always used the "T-Bar". Will try next time I'm out, thanks for sharing!

Spyder Garage

Easy Brackets, Pelican 1550s and assorted hardware: $460, Trike Zone F3 Luggage Rack: $250, Givi Trunk: $199 when I mounted it on my R1150R 12 years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3S , Orange

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Use these to mount any bags you want.https://www.westendmotorsports.com/e...SABEgKmYfD_BwE
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Isn't there some place on the F3 S you could run a cable loop through? In the 4 1/2 years I've had my Spyder, except for overnights I leave my Neotec on the seat with no problem, no lock. Yeh, there's always a first time...
    Believe me when I tell you I've dealt with people who would steal something for no other reason that knowing how ticked off the owner is going to be. They delight in this conduct.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

You get used to the look of the Shad bags very quickly. When I installed mine two years ago, I planned to leave them off most of the time, now I think the bike looks odd without them.

I go along with the Lidlox, I installed a pair and are very happy with them. To me the conical shape finishes off the handlebars so they are attractive as well as useful. I never thought of just locking the d ring though. That's a good idea.

Spyder Garage

Just ordered a set of the Shad Bags/mounting system from a site on EBay---$649.95 out the door (out the shipping dept anyway!)!

Now all I have to do is start accumulating junk to put in my new trunks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember ... No matter how much space you have: your stuff will always expand, and fill it up!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black