Thread: RT vs F3

Spyder Garage

Default RT vs F3

I bought my 2018 leftover RT about a week ago. I sat on the RT and F3 but only rode the RT. I have short arms so I am more comfortable with the RT plus I like sitting high in the seat so I can see traffic better. I am also under the impression the windshield on the RT works better then the F3. Are there any other things I should have considered? I ride two up maybe 20% of the time and believe there is less wind pounding for the passenger on the RT because the passenger is lower on the RT then the F3?

Spyder Garage

Default Don't second guess....

They are both different but you chose the one you felt comfortable on. You mentioned what you like about the RT and those are things you can not change on the F3 so enjoy your new ryde and don't look back.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My wife rides with me and we travel long distances so the RT fills the bill nicely. I do not and never have liked the seating position on cruiser style bikes. Been riding for 50 years and always had "standard" bikes or sport oriented machines. There again the RT fills the bill. RT for our travels and a sport bike in the garage for my solo adventures.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Much more storage for you!!

Spyder Garage

You mentioned being short. I'm also vertically challenged, with a crunched up spine to boot. Get someone with the Tri-Axis bars to let you sit behind them. Expensive, but very worthwhile addition.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I am 5'10" and my arms are so short that I have added risers to every bike I have owned. My RTS is the first ride I have no need of anything extra on the handle bars. After 18,000 plus miles, I know the Spyder is the right machine for me. I'm 75 years old and the Spyder will add years to my riding. Thanks, Can Am

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Navydad, Destroyer sailor here, Korean War era......Riding a2005 GW/2011 Road Smith conversion, but still considering the RTL. How do you and your wife pack for those long rides? You motel it after a long day, do you pull a trailer for that 'extra' stuff? If you prefer, you can respond here or bikerbillwms@yahoo.com......