Spyder Garage

Default Source for oval grommets on lower body panel

Hello!

My used 2010RT came with some missing rubber grommets on the body panels. I gather this is something of a chronic issue that they can get lost during maintenance. One body panel disassembly video I found had the great recommendation of adding some small cable ties to help ensure that they are retained. (see attached screenshot from his video.)
    GrometsOnSpyder.jpg

I don't recall the web site but one place I found had replacements available for $4.95 each plus shipping which seemed a little steep for a little oval piece of rubber. Hoping someone might have a referral to an alternate supplier with a better price y'all could point me to.

TIA,
    David
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

Here is the part# 705000321. Might make it easier to find them.��
    It's a 21 now....,BUT I like being on top
    TricLed afterburnerz gen2
    BajaRon sway bar
    F4 customs SRT 28" Clear Wide

2011 RT limited , BajaRon plugs and custom wires Pearl white

Spyder Garage

There are several sites that sell Spyder parts. You'll get the same parts from them as you would from the dealer. I get mine from www.Cheapcycleparts.com. If you set up an account with them, there is a decent discount on some parts, but not all.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Using small zip ties to hold the grommets in place appears to be a good solution to preventing loss. Ann Meyer of Squared Away always recommends spraying the grommets with a small spritz of Windex before reinstalling panels. I've found when doing that the panels almost jump into place and the Windex dries very quickly so the dry rubber holds the panels in place as BRP intended. DO NOT use grease of any kind on the grommets, I don't care what anyone says. You made an investment in a fun machine; don't quibble about the price of a few small parts that hold a lot more expensive panels in place.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Using small zip ties to hold the grommets in place appears to be a good solution to preventing loss. Ann Meyer of Squared Away always recommends spraying the grommets with a small spritz of Windex before reinstalling panels. I've found when doing that the panels almost jump into place and the Windex dries very quickly so the dry rubber holds the panels in place as BRP intended. DO NOT use grease of any kind on the grommets, I don't care what anyone says. You made an investment in a fun machine; don't quibble about the price of a few small parts that hold a lot more expensive panels in place.
    Your don't quibble comment strikes me as excellent logic.

Also couldn't help but notice your tag line regarding artillery. Reminds me of an Army Colonel friend while at U.S. Special Operations Command some years ago. He was career artillery and used to tell our friend, an armor Colonel, that without fuel an M-1A1 tank was merely a field artillery piece, and without fuel it was nothing more than a 60 ton table lighter. Being an Air Force guy I though was hilarious, The armor guy didn't. Always suspected the Army lacked a sense of humor.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone! I truly appreciate the help!
    2019 RTL , Phoenix Orange Metalic

Spyder Garage

Honda GoldWing 1500 also has oval grommets, PN 83551-MA6-000 for 2.49 each. From memory they could fit. I'll check it out in the next couple of days.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White